Clicking When Walking

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Ok, so I am going to post a question about my little kitty cat. I know, I know, this is a greyhound forum, but I have read a few posts where people make reference to their dogs joints "clicking" when they walk. I did a search and really didnt come up with a condition. Now my cat is a cute little lady (16 yrs old) and when she walks, you can hear her joints "clicking". We have been to the vet and she attempted to manipulate the joints to see if she could hear the sound, nothing. My female does have early stages of kidney failure so she is on 200ml of ringers solution every other day. Other than that, she has been healthy her entire life. My wife has had her since she was a little baby (eyes not even open), so we know her entire history. She does not seem to be in pain, as well as she still jumps up on high furnature like allways, so we dont think there is a quality of life issue. If anyone has any ideas on conditions that I can research, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Chad

Guest BlueCrab

any chance it could just be long nails clicking on the floor - particularly since the vet can't replicate it with manipulation? Both of my cats clackety clack when they walk - I call it their high-heeled shoes.

Guest Greyt_dog_lover
any chance it could just be long nails clicking on the floor - particularly since the vet can't replicate it with manipulation? Both of my cats clackety clack when they walk - I call it their high-heeled shoes.

Thats what I originally thought, but when she walks down our hallway from the back bedrooms, we say "here comes the tap dancer". The hallway is carpeted and she only has her rear claws anyway.

Guest greytexplorer

If the toenails aren't long, then it must be some kind of joint issue.

Yeowch! that makes my knees hurt just thinking about it.

Hope you find answers, and when you do, please let us know.

~Pat

Fluffy used to click when she walked, but she was arthritic. sometimes it was her nails that needed a quick trim but sometimes it was her joints. some days it was OK and some days it was like a bubble-wrap popping contest :lol she never seemed to mind, it seemed to be temperature dependant the colder it was the more she clicked and clacked, the vet never heard it in person as it is always nice and warm there, plus the little tart never walked at the vets, just sat there and fluttered her eyelashes at him :lol :lol