Weird Eye Puss...

Guest KateWantsaGrey

Guest KateWantsaGrey

Today I noticed a rather large blob of yellowish green puss in the corner of Pace's eye. I wiped it away with a damp cotton ball but after a few hours it seemed like it was starting to accumulate again. Last night he had some eye boogers so I wiped them away with my bare unwashed hands (in retrospect I realize that this was a stoopid move...) do you think that could have messed up his eye some how? Also, how do I clean this? I feel like I should flush the eye out some how but I don't know how to go about it. I did put some eye wash on a cotton ball and wipe down his eye, but I don't know if that will really do the trick. Any advice?

Yep, I'd be off to the vet. But I seriously doubt your wiping his eye caused this--lots of us do that, most likely he already had an infection brewing.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest koko9281

Probably a minor infection. It happens. They can give you a topical ointment. It will most likely clear it right up!

Dogs can get little infections from tiny scratches on the eye. Can be caused by many things. Don't worry too much. :)

Once one of my kids had an eye infection and the doctor asked if anyone else int he house had symptoms? I almost said no, then realized that the dog had an icky eye that morning. The doctor said let me save you some money, go and buy polysporin ointment for eyes and use it on both of them. I did, and the dog healed slightly quicker then the kid. :lol

I've used it one other time for a foster that had a greenish discharge and it worked great then too.

Just make sure that there is no other irritation or injury, if there is I would go to the vet. If not, try the polysporin.

Edited to add, keep an eye on your own eyes too (pun initended) If you touched your face before you washed your hands, you may have infected yourself.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest KateWantsaGrey
Once one of my kids had an eye infection and the doctor asked if anyone else int he house had symptoms? I almost said no, then realized that the dog had an icky eye that morning. The doctor said let me save you some money, go and buy polysporin ointment for eyes and use it on both of them. I did, and the dog healed slightly quicker then the kid. :lol

I've used it one other time for a foster that had a greenish discharge and it worked great then too.

Just make sure that there is no other irritation or injury, if there is I would go to the vet. If not, try the polysporin.

Edited to add, keep an eye on your own eyes too (pun initended) If you touched your face before you washed your hands, you may have infected yourself.

great to know about the polysporin. we will give that a try! Can I get it at CVS or something? We just got back from the vet last week for an ear infection (yeast :sick ) so if we don't have to go again this week that would be great!