Ophthamologist Visit

We are home. Buddy's eye was chemically debrided, and they did "the procedure with the needle".... :unsure not sure what that was, and not sure I *want* to know.

Buddy was totally traumatized by the whole thing, as you can imagine.

The vet tech suggested Doggles (after I told her I was ready to put my daughter's swim goggles on him every time he steps out the door! :lol ), so I wondered what experiences you all have had with them. Good, bad, indifferent....The tech said that you generally know right away if the dog will tolerate them or not. And since Buddy seems to want a new career as a scenthound, and follows that big nose into jaggy bushes.... :angry: I keep telling him "You are a SIGHThound, not a SCENThound!" :lol

Anybody have a pair they'd like to get rid of?? :colgate

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Open grid keratotomy, is likely the "needle procedure" he had. :) Sounds like he had an ulcerated cornea, not just a scratch. That's what happened with Sissy. Turns out she had epithelial basement membrane disease. It was successfully managed for the rest of her life with medicated eyedrops.

Hope Buddy's on the path to healing now! :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Yeah, that's what the receipt said: keratotomy.

I tried the e-collar, since he was rubbing at his eye. What a disaster. He literally freaked out, went running through the house, running into walls, sliding on the ceramic tile floor....till I managed to grab him and take the thing off. Scared the he!! out of Rascal and Ruby, too. It took Buddy a good 20 minutes to calm down.....

My other option is to not let him out of my sight. I just hope it quickly starts to heal, and therefore doesn't bother him so much.... :(

Aww, Buddy. You'll feel better soon! I hope there were extra cookies involved :D

I have a pair of doggles I could send you. They're the Goggle style in Chrome.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Did they send you home with sodium chloride eye ointment?

No, he is on Ciloxin drops, adequan drops, and atropine ointment.

I am going to call them to see if I could give him Tramadol; I have some here.

Aww, Buddy. You'll feel better soon! I hope there were extra cookies involved :D

I have a pair of doggles I could send you. They're the Goggle style in Chrome.

Oh, that would be great, if you aren't using them....you could PM me. Thank you!

Awwww....feel better soon sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.