Zippy's Got A Lump

Guest SusanP

Guest SusanP

We found a lump below Zippy's elbow tonite--it's about 2 finger-widths below the elbow and looks just like a second elbow, but it's springier, though very firm. I don't think it's attached to the bone--I can wiggle it around some. But it's not that small. I don't think it's a hygroma, since it isn't right on the elbow. Luckily, she has an appt for her heartworm test at the vet's tomorrow, so I can have them look at it. I worry because just over a year ago, she had a small cartlidge cancer tumor removed from her groin. She's 10. Anyone ever see anything like this and what was it?

Susan, that sounds exactly like the lump Foxy had removed just before her 10th birthday. She had hemangiopericytoma, a malignant, but rarely metastisizing cancer. Have your vet do a fine needle aspirate to see what is there. If you want I can call you I have unlimitted long distance. Just PM me.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest SusanP

Thanks, Foxysmom. I know they will aspirate it. I'm worried about the tumor and I'm also just worried about having more surgery for her--In the last year, she's already had surgery 3 times (two growths (one malignant) and a broken tooth) and now it seems likely again.

Our thoughts are with you and Zippy today on your vet visit. Hoping it's not serious and can be removed.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest SusanP

Well, they did the needle aspirate and can't quite figure out what's up, so they want to take another one later today and send it out to a lab. The vet said something about different sized cells, round cells, and white blood cells, but they don't think there is an actual infection there. So in hopes that she doesn't really need surgery again, we're going to do the lab route first. I hope waiting long enough to get results (by week's end) isn't risky. Maybe I should just schedule surgery at the same time and cancel it if the lab is sure it's nothing dangerous. :dunno Or would I be smarter to just get it taken off?