Microchip Is Showing Through Skin...

Guest KateWantsaGrey

Guest KateWantsaGrey

Today I saw what I thought, at first, was a tick on Pace's shoulder, and then as I picked through his fur I noticed that it was actually his microchip. I've never been able to see it before, and it's been in for about 6 months. It's very close to the surface of his skin, I think I can actually tell what color it is (dark green or black?). Is this normal? :unsure It looks sort of painful right under the skin like that, and it's right on the point of his shoulder blade. It definitely wasn't like that a few days ago. Just wondering if anyone had some input for me, because this is sort of weirding me out.

Some people have reported that their greys chip migrates. It's because they have less fat to hold it in place. I'd start with going back to the place where he got the chip or your vet. If it's moving around that much and being painful it may need to be removed. I don't know if they can reinsert them or if you would need a new one.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly