Chewing On Feet/legs

Guest psuwildlife

Guest psuwildlife

HELLO ALL! i HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY GREYHOUND.... RECENTLY HE HAS BEGAN chewing/ lickin/nawing on his feet and legs... not for long and he doesnt cause himself harm but I THOUGHT i rad somewhere that this s an indicator of allergies? i havent given him anything differnt since I got him two weeks ago and he didnt start doing this until about a week ago or maybe a little less? Is there anything I can give him or should I just let it go? He doesnt do it a lot... but he does it more in the evening more so than in morning... not sure what he does during day as i am not hoome. Thnaks in advance for the help!

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Since you only had him 2 weeks, maybe he's in contact with something new that doesn't agree with him. Maybe he's allergic to your flooring, or something you use to clean the floor? Or could be something in your yard or on walks. Grass allegies are common.

I have a pup who's going thru this now, he licked so much, an area between his toes was raw and he was limping quite badly. Vet said it was dermatitis, and he's on antibiotics and prednisone and is doing much better. I've heard benadryl might help if it's allergies. Keep an eye on him and good luck!

It could also be anxiety since he is new to your home....

This would be my first thought as well. Could also be the food. I would just keep an eye on it and if it starts to concern you more, ask the vet.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless