Incontinence, Uti Or Something Else?

winnie

The past two nights, when our 7.5 y/o grey girl Darcy got up from her bed, we noticed a wet spot. In addition, her backside was wet. It wasn't a large spot. We assumed she had laid in the spot where one of our other greys had been eating a treat a short time before Darcy laid there. We thought it was just grey slobber. Last night was different. The bed was dry when Darcy got on it. She didn't move at all as DH and I ate dinner and watched TV. When I got the dogs up for our evening walk, there was a wet spot again. Darcy's backside and rear leg were wet. She hadn't been cleaning herself there, so we have no doubt that she wet the bed as she slept.

Darcy is a very predictable grey when it comes to her potty habits. She normally only pees three times a day - morning, after work and before bed. Yesterday, DH noticed that she peed twice when he turned the dogs out in the yard after work. When I took them on their walk before bed, she also peed twice (in addition to the wet bed). She also woke DH up around 1 a.m. to go pee outside.

I find it extremely odd that Darcy would wet her bed and then continue to lie in it. It's very unlike her. Darcy is extremely well housebroken. The one time she messed in the house it was because we missed her signals. She was very upset when it happened too. I assume she has a UTI, but do you think it might be something else like incontinence? The pee on the bed hardly had an odor. Other than peeing more, her eating/drinking habits have been normal. I'm taking her to the vet today either way at 5:30 p.m. I just wanted to get GT'ers opinions on this in the meantime.

Edited by winnie

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Well, it turns out Darcy has a loose sphincter which has also caused some minor vaginitis. So... she's now on Proin and antibiotics (Simplicef).

Anyone else have a grey with this issue?

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)