Jackie Just Stole (and Ate Of Course!) A Chicken Bone...

JackieDog

I searched the forum so I feel a little better...I don't have any rice or white bread handy so I gave her some canned pumpkin and wheat bread (it was Wonder--I can't believe my husband found it and bought it--but I'm sure it's squishy enough).

I'll watch her for any signs of GI upset/straining etc...but is there anything else I should do?? I could probably go try to 'borrow' (like they'd want it back...) some rice from the neighbors--is that a good idea?

Grrr..... and thanks for any input!

Cathy

(and the other lesson is 'never trust your 6 year old to clear his plate without checking up on him...')

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

The bread should be enough to take care of it. It's happened to me before too so you're not alone. Just watch and make sure your pup is poohing okay in the next couple of days. This too shall pass as they say.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Yeah, our girl ate a pork rib a few weeks ago. She pooped a couple times and all was well. Though the other day she did get a little over eager with a rawhide bone, swallowed a 3 inch length of it and showed it to me soon after breakfast.

Long ago, when we lived in RI, Spiff and I went for a long long walk. On the way out, we walked past someone's trash that had been ripped open - there were some chicken bones scattered on the sidewalk. We made it past uneventfully... we walked and walked. I forgot about the bones. Spiff did NOT... Spiff brought me back to the bones and had one in his mouth before I remembered that they were there!! :lol: Just goes to show how clever a dog can be... :rolleyes: He was just fine.

Thanks :) I did end up getting some rice for her too just in case (she had to share with my boys though, they decided rice sounded good as an after dinner snack too).

Without this forum I probably would have rushed her to the e-vet just in case and had a huge bill. We'll just watch her to make sure she is okay....she did breakfast (with a little extra pumpkin) just fine :).

Cathy

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)