Nelly Update

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

So we had Nelly in for her weekly kidney disease checkup this morning :rolleyes:, and I guess we should mark this one in the "Ok" category.

BUN is the same (65).

Creatinine is up from 4.1 to 4.8 (meh; but two weeks ago it was 4.6, so...)

phosphorus is normal

albumin is normal

blood pressure is normal (all good!!)

Doc has raised her fluids to 750 ccs/day (from 500).

Overall, the only thing that's "bad" is the creatinine, but for some reason, that's the number we can't help zeroing in on. But the fact is, the phosphorus binder is doing its work, and her albumin has been low for ages now, so it (should be) is great to see that back up. Doc wants to run another "protein-in-the-urine" test next week. He thinks some of these numbers are the result of the home-cooked diet having lots of beef in it.

The weather here is completely yucky--it's been raining for two weeks I think. Today was the first day Nelly and I didn't get a morning walk b/c of it. She's been increasingly down during the late morning hours--wanting to hide outside, not being that interested in lunch... but she's still eating OK at night (and the last few days she's been hungry first thing in the morning, which is good).

We can't tell how we feel. Sigh. (But it's really hard for me to not let Nelly's daytime mood drag *my* mood down. I work from home, and I've gotten *nothing* done the last couple of weeks.)

Renal disease is a roller coaster ride for sure. Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

As the above poster said, it can really be a roller coaster ride. And we're keeping your girl in our prayers. One of my girls has kidney disease, We've been dealing with it for more than 2 years now. Her blood work has come back very good for the past year and her urine also looks good.(about as good as urine can look that is) What has been successful for us has been a strict kidney diet(KD) and meds. Keep up the good work Nelly, we're in your corner!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest paulamariez

Poor Nelly. Our Bandit went into kidney failure and it was so tough! Sending Nelly lots of prayers, love and light. Tiger, Bueller and Domino sending Nelly some get well doggie kisses too!