Feeling Better At Night?

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

We've noticed that Nelly seems much, much perkier at night (than during the day) the last couple of weeks--she's hungrier, less restless, just a lot more "up" and normal-acting. I can't think of any pharmacological explanation for this--she's on 12-hour courses of the same medications; she gets the same meals, the same walks, everything. And our weather's been fine, too (I mean, not too hot).

(I hate to say it, but the only difference I can see is that my DH is home at night! :rolleyes:)

Anyway, before I ask my husband to quit his job, I thought I'd see if this was pretty normal for kidney kids (or anyone with chronic issues)....

I can say that Alan is perkier at night, starting at 4:30 when I get home. Around 6ish DH gets home and DS. He is happier no doubt than the a.m. when he knows we are going to leave him for the day. I really get him going when I come home - I love to make him crazy! That's the explanation I have for a kidney dog. He just loves the p.m. routine better!

Jazz was always more active and hungry in the evening, but it was more noticeable later on with the kidney disease. She would sometimes have a bad day and not want to eat until later afternoon or early evening. And then she would pounce around!

Angel Queenie was FOR SURE much more perky at night. I thought maybe because we did her subq fluids in the evening???

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.