What's Up With Tiny's Eye?

Just noticed what looks like a minor inflammation/conjunctivitis in Tiny's right eye. It doesn't bother him, just a couple of eye boogies to wipe away. Most likely he got hair, dust or something in it and it got irritated.

Is this something that Terramycin should fix? IIRC, Terramycin is an OTC treatment which is frequently used for minor eye stuff in both dogs and horses and is readily available in pet and ranch supply stores, though a little bit spendy. Maybe some of the kennel folks who see a lot of this can chime in here.

If it doesn't improve, he will need to go to the vet because I don't want to mess around with his sight... but I think this is something that can be easily treated without hauling him off to the dreaded vet's office.

The affected eye, as clear as I could get it:

000_3550.jpg

The good eye, for reference (what looks like black discharge is actually a scar):

000_3555.jpg

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest mirthlesstroll

It looks to me like a corneal abrasion. Logan had one once; his seemed very painful to him. I would go to the vet - they will do this wierd dye dip & Tiny's eye will glow in the dark for a second B) My vet just gave us some eyedrops & Logan's eye was fine in a few days.

Guest Greensleeves

Whistler's atypical pannus presented that way (as an inflammation of the third eyelid). I'd hop that boy over to the vet before trying to treat it myself--especially since if there *is* an abrasion of some kind, there are particular medicines that can't be given.

I think I would take the wait-and-see approach myself. Wait a day or two, wathing closely, and if it gets worse or does not get better, to the vet he goes.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.