Hello! Newbie Here!

Guest fatesrelease

Guest IrskasMom

Hello and Welcome Christine :wave :wave :wave :wave When the time is right you will get yourself one of this noble,

gentle Dogs. Careful , they are very Addictive.

Hi! Welcome from Maryland... I was just in Portland about 3 weeks ago!! I loved it!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest twhitehouse

HI!! I'm from Portland, ME too. I'm 22 and I just adopted my first greyhound, Lexi, from the Animal Refuge League alittle over a month ago now. I noticed that you joined the Portland Greyhound playgroup....if I'm thinking your the same person. So hopefully we'll see you Saturday and you can meet Lexi. This will be my first meetup.

Guest Javagirl

Hi Christine,

I waited anxiously for 8 loooooonnnngggg years. I went through lots of situations like random housing, undergraduate, first job/poverty, living in a basement, grad school... and just waited for the right time. It was awful looking at all those pictures of greyhounds that need homes.

In the mean time, maybe you can volunteer to help out a greyhound rescue organization. You could help get fosters to their dr. appointments, help with meet and greets, be a greyhound dog handler at local events, help meet with the hauls and drive the dogs to their new locations... there are lots of ways to spend time with greyhounds without actually owning one. I'm sure you will get to know some of the people in Maine on the board.

Kristyn and Laddie

Guest fatesrelease

Thanks for the hello TBSFlame! :)

Thanks IrskasMom! I'm sure I will find a wonderful grey for me someday (hopefully soon!) I know, I've heard that. Haha. :P

ozgirl2, thanks for the welcome. Glad you loved Portland. You should come back sometime soon!

HI!! I'm from Portland, ME too. I'm 22 and I just adopted my first greyhound, Lexi, from the Animal Refuge League alittle over a month ago now. I noticed that you joined the Portland Greyhound playgroup....if I'm thinking your the same person. So hopefully we'll see you Saturday and you can meet Lexi. This will be my first meetup.

Hi! Well, I'm going to be there! I can't wait to meet Lexi! You are so lucky! I am the same person, hehe. Can't wait to meet you both!

Thanks gr8hound47 & KansasGrey!! I love it here! :)

Hi Christine,

I waited anxiously for 8 loooooonnnngggg years. I went through lots of situations like random housing, undergraduate, first job/poverty, living in a basement, grad school... and just waited for the right time. It was awful looking at all those pictures of greyhounds that need homes.

In the mean time, maybe you can volunteer to help out a greyhound rescue organization. You could help get fosters to their dr. appointments, help with meet and greets, be a greyhound dog handler at local events, help meet with the hauls and drive the dogs to their new locations... there are lots of ways to spend time with greyhounds without actually owning one. I'm sure you will get to know some of the people in Maine on the board.

Kristyn and Laddie

Thanks so much Javagirl. Sounds like you were in the same situation as I! Besides me not having transportation to do any of that :( I worry that if I did I would fall in love with every grey and become a big sobbing mess at the end of each day. Thanks for the pepish talk! :)

:welcome2 Hello from Me and my 2 - Sterling and Kelsey - in Staten Island, NY. This site is very addictive :wubsite but you probably found that out already :lol::lol:

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly