Hello! Newbie Here!

Guest fatesrelease

Guest fatesrelease

Hi! My name is Christine, I am 20 years old, soon to be 21. I live in Portland, Maine. Have, and always will. I don't have a greyhound (yet.) I have two cats, Meiko and Liesel both of which I adopted from the animal refuge leauge. I am in great love with greyhounds...unfortunatly, I am staying with my boyfriend in my parents basement for the time being attempting to save for our first house. My parents already have five dogs and two cats, not including my two cats, so my mother says as long as I'm in my parents house, a greyhound isn't an option due to the massive ammount of animals already in our home. I've always had small dogs, so many of them only equal one greyhound! I've been pining for one severly for almost two years. I've done a lot of reading, and spent a lot of time on petfinder! So I was really excited to find out about this website, and I hope to make new greyhound friends! And someday I'll have my very own special greyhound friend(s)!

Hi from Miami...

Patience, your hound will come when the time is right. Use your time wisely and get to know the rest of the greyhound world. Theres a pup out there with your name on it....

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Hi Christine! Welcome from Kansas. My daughter's name is Liesel (from the Sound of Music, and I spelled it wrong!!! It should have been Liesl).

If you can find an adoption group in your area, maybe you can go to some meet & greets and get some hands on experience with greys. They're a wonderful breed and you won't regret getting one.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest p51crazyhorse

OH!!!! how exciting!!!!! I am so glad you like the breed so much, they are such characters and so loving! good for you-doing all the research, you will be well prepared. the people here on the forum are really great and have helped me a lot, use that search link at the top and you can find ANYTHING you want to know.....then sometimes..... more than you want to know..... :P welcome!

Holly

Christine - these are some of my favorite people - Hi Anne and Pat (greytful4 and pabozem respectively).

thhi.gif

You're going to meet a lot of nice people here!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest fatesrelease
Hi from Miami...

Patience, your hound will come when the time is right. Use your time wisely and get to know the rest of the greyhound world. Theres a pup out there with your name on it....

It's hard to wait! I'm obsessed! Everytime I see a greyhound I pet it and I feel sad because I know I can't have one. I know you are right, when the time is right I'll have the bestest greyhound in the world, but I really want one. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to let it not affect me. I know it sounds really silly, but if you want something so bad sometimes it makes you sad when you can't have it! (and in no way do I mean to sound greedy/selfish or make them sound like objects if I made it sound that way.)

P.S. Thanks so much for the warm welcome! And the advice. :)

Hi Christine! Welcome from Kansas. My daughter's name is Liesel (from the Sound of Music, and I spelled it wrong!!! It should have been Liesl).

If you can find an adoption group in your area, maybe you can go to some meet & greets and get some hands on experience with greys. They're a wonderful breed and you won't regret getting one.

Hi! Yes, I named her after Liesel from the sound of music as well. Huh, I thought it was spelled that way too! Oh well, anywhoo. The sound of music is my favorite musical! "The hills are alive, with the sound of music!" Hehe. And she is a little trouble maker just like Liesel in the movie.

I really would love to do that. I should look into it. Thanks so much! :)

Welcome from....

Phoenix.gif

Glad to have you join our merry band

Greg

Hi Greg! Thank you so much for the welcome. I am glad to join this lovely forum!

Christine - these are some of my favorite people - Hi Anne and Pat (greytful4 and pabozem respectively).

thhi.gif

You're going to meet a lot of nice people here!

I can tell! Everyone is so welcoming! :D

OH!!!! how exciting!!!!! I am so glad you like the breed so much, they are such characters and so loving! good for you-doing all the research, you will be well prepared. the people here on the forum are really great and have helped me a lot, use that search link at the top and you can find ANYTHING you want to know.....then sometimes..... more than you want to know..... :P welcome!

Holly

Hi! *waves* nice to meet you Holly! I love the breed! I think it was just meant to be! Oh, I swear I know so much more now. I've spent so much time on the internet, and going to the bookstore spending time reading- also bought the dummies guide to greyhounds, and read it page to page with my boyfriend Jonathan. I'll use the search! Thank you!

Edited by fatesrelease

Hi Christine! :wave I'm in Portland, ME too! Welcome to GreyTalk! :welcome2

If you ever feel the need to get a "greyhound fix" while you wait to adopt your first greyhound, please feel free to join our greyhound playgroup and come watch lots of beautiful houndies run! :D Just click on the link in my signature.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest fatesrelease

If you ever feel the need to get a "greyhound fix" while you wait to adopt your first greyhound, please feel free to join our greyhound playgroup and come watch lots of beautiful houndies run! :D Just click on the link in my signature.

Hello Merlinsmum! *waves back* Thanks for the warm welcome!

I tried to message you in your profile, but couldn't (I guess you had that disabled?) so I sent you a message on one of your other posts, about the dog who was from the mill. Anywhoo, I'd be really interested in coming to the meets. I actually was told about it by a lovely woman who I met at the clam festival, when I shyly asked her if I could pet her beautiful black grehound named houdini, named after the famous harry houdini. And she told me how to find the group, but when I went to join it seemed as if I would only be approved if I already had a greyhound myself! I'd love to go to a meet! I could possibly talk to you and gain some insight on the greyhound world! So should I just join the group? Because it asks about your greyhounds, and I have none (yet.)

Hi Christine! Welcome from Rimouski, Québec, Canada

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

:wave Welcome to GT, I know you are going to be very Happy when you are able to get your grey but the only problem, we got addicted to them and end up with 3 and if it were up to me we would have more. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I tried to message you in your profile, but couldn't (I guess you had that disabled?) so I sent you a message on one of your other posts, about the dog who was from the mill. Anywhoo, I'd be really interested in coming to the meets. I actually was told about it by a lovely woman who I met at the clam festival, when I shyly asked her if I could pet her beautiful black grehound named houdini, named after the famous harry houdini. And she told me how to find the group, but when I went to join it seemed as if I would only be approved if I already had a greyhound myself! I'd love to go to a meet! I could possibly talk to you and gain some insight on the greyhound world! So should I just join the group? Because it asks about your greyhounds, and I have none (yet.)

Saw your reuqest to join, and I've approved it (you don't have to have a greyhound, we're just not open to other breeds and we had an issue once when someone wanted their dog to join the group, but it wasn't a greyhound. So now I had to have people send me info before they are approved).

You have to have 50 posts on GreyTalk before you can PM someone. You currently have 48.

Glad you met the gorgeous Houdini :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest fatesrelease
:wave Welcome to GT, I know you are going to be very Happy when you are able to get your grey but the only problem, we got addicted to them and end up with 3 and if it were up to me we would have more. :colgate

*wave* thanks for the warm welcome! I know, I'll be so overcome with joy I won't be able to stand it. Ha, I know I'll be wanting more than one.

Thanks for the welcome frostybottoms! I hope so too! :)

Saw your reuqest to join, and I've approved it (you don't have to have a greyhound, we're just not open to other breeds and we had an issue once when someone wanted their dog to join the group, but it wasn't a greyhound. So now I had to have people send me info before they are approved).

You have to have 50 posts on GreyTalk before you can PM someone. You currently have 48.

Glad you met the gorgeous Houdini :)

Oh, are you Kerry? Oh- I totally understand that! Hehe, oh ok. I am still learning the rules, and my way around. Thanks for letting me know! Yes, Houdini was a sweetie! Very silky black coat! :) I can't wait to come to one of the meets. Thanks for approving me!

Guest gurehaundo

Hi and welcome, Christine! I hope you're able to attend one of the playgroups! You'll love your first Greyhound. Then you'll love your next one and your next one and your next one!

Guest greyt2love

Welcome, Christine ! Wait till you go to Kerry's group and meet Merlin, our wizard !! Just wait and the right hound will find you when it's the right time ! And, like many of us, you may find it hard to stop at one ! I keep saying I'm done, I have all I can take, then just one more slips in......

Guest fatesrelease

Thanks gurehaundo! I plan to go to this upcoming one. Do you live in the area as well?

Thanks greyt2love! I imagine I will have a problem on my hands when I get my first...but I don't think I'll mind too much :P I'd love to have a full house! You have a beautiful grey family, btw. :)

Thanks Morgaynn! :)