Lick Granuloma

Guest Carla

Guest Carla

My new boy Mickey has a lick granuloma on his right inner elbow. I noticed it on July 25th when we were at the vet's to remove the 5 staples he had in his face for a laceration.

Mickey wouldn't leave it alone and he was licking it incessantly. She gave me some panalog to put on it, but Mickey would lick it off as soon as I put it on. The spot is nearly impossible to wrap.

Anyway we went to the vet's again last night as it got worse. She gave him an injection of Vetalog at the site of the granuloma.

Here are her instructions: Keep the lick granuloma sore coverest at all times for at least two weeks. :riphair Use a long sleeved shirt, or pick up an E collar is needed. Use Neosporin on it twice daily as well. You can give 50 mg of benadryl every 12-24 hours as needed for itchy skin.

Here is a picture of the wound:

post-7201-1218164504_thumb.jpg

And here is a picture of Mickey styling in his long sleeved t shirt!

post-7201-1218164792.jpg

He looks cute in his shirt! Hope that will give it a chance to heal up and not recur.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Carla

Thank you for the prayers -- so far he has left it alone.

He celebrated his 2nd birthday on April 14 - so he's just a baby! 79.6 pounds of baby!

How old is Mickey? Sending prayers.