Ernie Update Re: Leg

Guest doggiehappiness

Guest doggiehappiness

Ernie is now (again) out of the splint. His leg is looking really good -- pink, healthy. He will need to gain muscle back in the leg, of course, but he is now walking on the leg more than ever. I'm very happy that he seems to be doing so well. His leg will never be perfect, but that doesn't matter -- he can walk on it, and hopefully someday run. I'm grateful that this seems to be the end of a long problem for Ernie -- he has struggled with the leg problem for almost a year now, had multiple surgeries, and lots of restrictions on what he can and can't do because of the leg. Thank you to all who sent good thoughts Ernie's way -- I hope to post pictures of a glorious running Ernie soon!

Also, Ernie's vet, Dr. Dunn, from Lynn, MA is amazing and truly is a wonderful, caring, generous soul. He has worked very hard with Ernie to give him the best comfort with that leg he could have.

Good going, Ernie!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Pipi5

I love the name Ernie!!! I'm so glad he's doing good. Snowy had a broken hock & it never slowed her down, so I know Ernie is going to do great!!! Can't wait to see some pictures of that good looking dude!!! :beatheart

Guest mickie37

I am so happy to read the good report on Ernie. Waiting for pictures of the boy running...

Mickie

Stacks-Haus Sheep Company

Ohio on the North Coast