Bizzarre And Freak Accident

Guest Zeushounds

Guest DoofBert

Very bizarre accident indeed. But I must report that one of our group's foster boys, Kelton is also a one eyed wonder. He was retired from racing the mishap that ended in the eye removal. I must say, it doesn't get in his way... it may take him an extra millsecond to find a treat if it's placed on the no eye side of his face! It appears that his sense of smell has compensated. He is very keen and could probalby take out a rabbit if given the chance.

On that note -- if any greyhound family is looking for a big, red fawn special guy, checkout www. poconogreyhound.com

Edited by DoofBert

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RooRoo
Thanks Maria. That is exactly the one I was considering. I was reading the description and could not figure out how nylon would be sturdy enough. It's good to know someone that has used it first hand. I will have to order one. I have tried the blow-up one in the past. Much more comfortable, but definitely not made for the long nose of a greyhound. I did manage to get a shorter e-collar from PETCO today. Unfortunately they did not have red for Candi's Red Hat Club, but she was okay with Princess Pink!

Is Rizzo okay?

I thought about posting pictures, but thought they may be too graphic. I am not even sure I want a memory like that once this nightmare is over.

Brenda - the Comfy Cone reminds me of a doggie life jacket, you know what I mean? the same stiffness and yet moveable and nylon material covering.

Not that you need it, but the white trim around the edges is reflective (an added safety feature or something :huh2). I remember chuckling to myself that first night we went out - I noticed it was so bright! I guess it's good if you're planning to go jogging at night with an injured dog = NOT!

Rizzo glowing in his cone on vacation at the Bed & Breakfast

Rizzoincone.jpg

Good luck :goodluck with everything, hang in there and keep us posted on Miss Candi

I'm sorry to hear about Candie's accident, but I just met a dog, Freckles, at the dog park with no eyes, and she was a happy, loved, cuddly dog. I'm sure your girl will adjust just fine too.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Zeushounds

Not for those with a weak stomach......

I am posting a couple pictures of my Candi Girl after her accident;

100_0750A.jpg

:brokenheart:f_red

100_0751.jpg

She is having a pretty good day today, although she did not seem to enjoy what was on the menu for breakfast! :food

Sending more prayers. Come on sweetie...tell your family to fix you something that you want to eat and NOW! :P:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Zeushounds

On a lighter note, I thought you might enjoy seeing the special spot we found to walk;

Tigger and Rudi in the pond

We have a life vest on order for Tigger as he plays in the water with other dogs

100_0726.jpg

My Pretty Girl cooling off in the pond

100_0728.jpg

Candi strolling down the path

Tigger and Rudi are the two bright green spots up ahead.

Which is why I like to put something reflective on them-they blend in too much with the scenery!

100_0732.jpg

And finally....

The scene of the accident

I think Tigger was just starting to take off on his run

100_0737.jpg