Meet Mack

Guest bobandpolly

Guest bobandpolly

Bob and I visited Project Racing Home today and found Mack. He is 3 years old, and quite the lover.

IMG_2053_edited-1.jpg

Isn't he beautiful?

IMG_2057_edited-1.jpg

As you can see we already love him.

It will be a very long 2 weeks until he is home with us. We will be busy getting ready for his arrival.

Guest KyGrey

Congratulations!! I had to wait 2 weeks for Molly and it was about the longest 2 weeks of my life, but, when he comes home it will be well worth the wait.

Congrats on finding your forever hound. :confetti He's a very handsome boy. :wub: Two weeks might feel like an eternity. ;)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest IrskasMom

Awwww ....... Mack is worth the wait :wub::wub::wub::wub: Hello and welcome to GT :wave:wave:wave This

Website is very informative and please ask anything you want. We are a very obsessive about our Hounds Bunch of People .

Guest PiagetsMom

Congratulations on your new boy! You'll be very busy the next couple of weeks having lots of fun spending lots of money ;)

Guest KennelMom

Congrats!!! The wait to bring home a greyhound always passes by soooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly.

on a side note - I swear Bob looks just like this guy John I used to work with at MCI in Raleigh!

Guest houndstooth4

Mack is one handsome boy! The waiting is a killer, although shopping for the new arrival usually helps to pass the time. Congratulations!

Guest charmsmom
Bob and I visited Project Racing Home today and found Mack. He is 3 years old, and quite the lover.

IMG_2053_edited-1.jpg

Isn't he beautiful?

IMG_2057_edited-1.jpg

As you can see we already love him.

It will be a very long 2 weeks until he is home with us. We will be busy getting ready for his arrival.

:wave Hi again, guys!! Mack has a greyt kissy spot and he's going to be a wonderful dog! I'm glad we got to meet and thrilled you picked Mack! So, we'll be seeing you back in a few weeks for Hawk?? :lol;)

Guest redreed

Hello and Welcome

He's a handsome boy indeed!!! That 2 weeks will go by quicker than you think, mostly because, think of alllllll the shopping you can do. Collars and coats and beds, oh my!

Guest bobandpolly
on a side note - I swear Bob looks just like this guy John I used to work with at MCI in Raleigh!

One in the same. "john robert". Went by Bob all his life, when he put his legal name on the paperwork at MCI he was introduced as John and never corrected anyone so 10 years later everyone at work knows him by one name and everyone outside of work knows him by another. Initially I was quite confused when going out with the Verizon crew.

He was going to PM you when he saw you on here, but we're not up to 50 posts yet :angryfire I'm in Ohio at the moment but I'll have him get on here to update you on all the details at work.

Polly

Guest bobandpolly
:wave Hi again, guys!! Mack has a greyt kissy spot and he's going to be a wonderful dog! I'm glad we got to meet and thrilled you picked Mack! So, we'll be seeing you back in a few weeks for Hawk?? :lol;)

He is quite the little lover. I got to Ohio today and my mom gave me a blanket she had made him with little bones on it.... so the grandchild spoiling has officially begun.

Now that is not even fair about Hawk...that was torturous to have to pick between the 2. We will be back for him as soon as we adjust to having Mack in the house... provided somebody doesn't snatch him up first, and they get along after the snip.

Are you going to be at PRH this week or next to give us updates on Mack? I feel horrible leaving him, even though I know adjustment wise it was the right plan of action.

Guest KennelMom

One in the same. "john robert". Went by Bob all his life, when he put his legal name on the paperwork at MCI he was introduced as John and never corrected anyone so 10 years later everyone at work knows him by one name and everyone outside of work knows him by another. Initially I was quite confused when going out with the Verizon crew.

He was going to PM you when he saw you on here, but we're not up to 50 posts yet :angryfire I'm in Ohio at the moment but I'll have him get on here to update you on all the details at work.

Polly

That's so funny! Small world! :lol After I posted yesterday I was bugging DH all day about it saying: I'm, like, 99% sure that's John....I think I remember him calling himself Bob on a few non-work phone calls...Yeah, I think that's John :lol HI John! :wave ...er, Bob! He used to think I was crazy about my greyhounds...well, welcome to the cult...I mean, club! BWAHAHAHA :P

Guest bobandpolly
what a handsome boy, congrats.

but who is Hawk???

Hawk is another beautiful boy at the kennel, 2 yo brindle that we really liked too. A little more playful then Mack, and a little more headstrong (but he hadn't been to the vet yet so that might drop off a bit after a little snip). In the end we decided Mack being more laid back would be better for us as first time parents, but when we are ready for kid #2....provided some one doesn't snatch him up first, and that he and mack get along.

Guest bobandpolly

Polly

That's so funny! Small world! :lol After I posted yesterday I was bugging DH all day about it saying: I'm, like, 99% sure that's John....I think I remember him calling himself Bob on a few non-work phone calls...Yeah, I think that's John :lol HI John! :wave ...er, Bob! He used to think I was crazy about my greyhounds...well, welcome to the cult...I mean, club! BWAHAHAHA :P

When we first started looking at greys and people would talk about "you'll end up with more than one soon" he'd say I used to work with this girl who got a greyhound then she got another and another then married someone with a couple of greys..... and almost inevitably the other person would say, "Do you mean Heather?"

My mom called the other day and said she ran into the mother of some girl I knew as a kid (but probably haven't seen in 20 years) and when the girls mom pulls out pictures to show her grand children, my mom saw she had a greyhound, so that started up a whole conversation. So I fly up to Cincinnati yesterday to visit the folks and we stop off at the dive shop I used to work at, get talking to the owner and tell her about Mack, and she says her neighbor has a greyhound, named Haley.... at which point my mom starts chiming in with questions about the family and here it is the same people.

When Bob (aka John) came to Ohio to meet my family for the first time, he mentioned he had been in the navy, my uncle had been in the air force but said he spent time on a navy carrier, they start comparing notes only to find out they were on the same ship at the same time.

I am convinced 6 degrees of separation is an understatement.

Guest bobandpolly

Bob here:

Hi Heather! :wave How have things been going for you all down in SC? You're quite the celebrity in greyhound circles up here.

Guest KennelMom
Bob here:

Hi Heather! :wave How have things been going for you all down in SC? You're quite the celebrity in greyhound circles up here.

:blush Aw...I miss all my greyhound friends in the Triangle! Triangle Greyhound Society is a great group of folks. I'm not so sure about the celebrity part...people tend to remember folks with an insane number of dogs. Though...it IS pretty common in greyhound circles to own multiple multiples ;) We went from 2 to 6 to 15 greys at one point. Now we only have 11 :P

I was thinking about the old MCI crew the other day and wondering where everyone is...I've lost touch with just about everyone. Well...literally, everyone. I drove by where Chuck used to live the last time I was in Raleigh (no idea if he still lives there) and thought that I wouldn't even know how to get in touch with anyone anymore. :(

I am convinced 6 degrees of separation is an understatement.

In the greyhound world, that is especially true. And once you own a grey, everyone will want to tell you about everyone they know who has greys :) Soon you are taking vacations to greyhound gatherings and every tshirt you own says "adopt a greyhound" on it. :lol

Guest whatahound

Hi Bob and Polly,

Mack is a wonderful hound. I do turn outs on Wednesday nights at PRH. I'll be sure to give him some extra sugar from you guys.

Stay busy and it will make the time go by faster. :colgate

Guest Sighthound

Welcome and Hi. Bob is handsome. Two weeks to wait. I don't think I could do that. I guess we were very lucky. We saw Cleo on Saturday morning and had her home with us on Sunday. But we also have 5 other sighthounds in the house.