Sick Grey

Guest koolaidnconner

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DaffyToons

I watched your videos, and I find it curious that Conner cried every time poop came out. He also looks towards his rectum when he is straining, which I would interpret as the area that is causing him pain. Many times, if his rectum is inflamed, it will FEEL like he has to poop more, but when he goes to poop, there is, of course, nothing there.

I had a horse that would colic mildly every so often. The horse would swing his head around, and just look at his abdomen, where it was causing him pain.

It seems like Connor's discomfort is directly at his rectal area. Poor baby. It just does not seem musculoskeletal in the way he moves around. He doesn't walk stiffly, doesn't guard his head movements. Poor boy. The video is a great idea to show to your vet. I sure hope you can get to the bottom of his troubles. He remains in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.

Edited by DaffyToons

Guest Wpgkeith

Hi Amanda,

Kathy here... just hearing about this and am so sorry poor Conner isn't feeling well. Keith and I have been out of town and then golfing a lot since we got back so much less time is being spent on Greytalk... sad to come back to all this bad news.

I really hope that if the root cause here is the worms that you've caught it before mandm (post early in this thread) did so the damage is not permanent. The wait for a clear diagnosis must be awful.

Thinking healing thoughts for Conner.... (psst Conner - here's a reason to get better.... Patches has been coming to the Wednesday walks... so get well and come and see her okay?)

K

Guest koolaidnconner
Hi Amanda,

Kathy here... just hearing about this and am so sorry poor Conner isn't feeling well. Keith and I have been out of town and then golfing a lot since we got back so much less time is being spent on Greytalk... sad to come back to all this bad news.

I really hope that if the root cause here is the worms that you've caught it before mandm (post early in this thread) did so the damage is not permanent. The wait for a clear diagnosis must be awful.

Thinking healing thoughts for Conner.... (psst Conner - here's a reason to get better.... Patches has been coming to the Wednesday walks... so get well and come and see her okay?)

K

Thanks Kathy. Yes the wait is exhausting on us. I sure hope they find something that will fix this all. Well his neck now will probably be a long term thing, we already know that and he seems to be a little more comfortable with the neck today. He isn't screaming as much but he is also not moving as much anymore. So I am thinking he is just getting tired of hurting and is deciding that laying still is better. Which is ok, he needs all the rest he can get.

What about a steriod injection?

I would second that, if it hasn't already been pursued. Steroids can help pain that other drugs can't (including morphine), especially if it is spinal in nature! I hope today is a better day...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest koolaidnconner

We had a much better night and day today. Not as much crying, we went out a few times last night and cried only 3x that we heard all day. So (knock on wood) that this means we are on are way to recovery....I hope