Buddy Update

UPCR test is back: .99!! :clap

The vet advises keeping him on k/d, and rechecking blood values and urine in 4-6 weeks. She feels his teeth being clean may have a positive effect on the kidney values.

However, if the kidney values come into normal range, how do I know if it's due to diet, or clean teeth?? :unsure

I'd prefer a regular diet for him. The rx food is terribly expensive, and he's acting like he's starving since being on it....

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

UPCR test is back: .99!! :clap

The vet advises keeping him on k/d, and rechecking blood values and urine in 4-6 weeks. She feels his teeth being clean may have a positive effect on the kidney values.

However, if the kidney values come into normal range, how do I know if it's due to diet, or clean teeth?? :unsure

I'd prefer a regular diet for him. The rx food is terribly expensive, and he's acting like he's starving since being on it....

Wonderful news! I know you are very happy...I was elated when Flashy's UPCR came back good too! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

If I remember right, his numbers weren't that bad at all. Why keep him on a k/d when a senior food would do just fine.

I think it was the creatinine number in the bloodwork that she's concerned about. It was 2.6.

I've sent all the info to OSU, waiting to hear what their opinion is.

Edited by rascalsmom

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.