Henry Made It 19 Days This Time.

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

Henry had a grand mal this morning. 19 days is an improvement from the previous every 9-10 days. It was a mild one. I am not too discouraged. Go to my blog to read more about it if you are interested. (link is at bottom of my siggy)

Well that's an improvement. It tells you the meds are trying to do their job. You may have to increase his dose to get better control but hey, it's a step in the right direction!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest ss556

That is an improvement. I'm glad for you and Henry. I hope it's even longer next time - if there has to be a next time. My best to you!

Guest EmilyAnne
Well that's an improvement. It tells you the meds are trying to do their job. You may have to increase his dose to get better control but hey, it's a step in the right direction!

19 days makes it hard to decide, wether or not to increase the meds. It's an improvement, but, we really need more improvement than this. There is a big debate over wether or not seizures essentially set up a pattern in the brain for more seizures, and I used to doubt that theory, but now I am seeing it before my own eyes. The weekly seizures he was having I believe did set a pattern in the brain. My hope is that since he went twice as long this time without a seizure, that the pattern will continue to improve. Also, it was quite a bit milder than usual, so hopefully this does not have as much of a pattern setting effect in the brain as the others did.

I don't remember what meds Henry is on -- I know KBr is one of them and that it makes him sick if you aren't careful with how you give it -- but I would strongly consider increasing the dose(s). Sodium bromide was *much* easier on Cullen's gut, so if you find the KBr is too irritating to Henry you might want to switch.

If he's on pheno too, you could give milk thistle to protect his liver. I know when I started giving it to Cullen, his Alk Phos levels were cut in half!

PS One way we reduced Cullen's seizure activity was to increase his pheno a little bit when they were about to happen and for a couple of days after they happened and then weet back to his standard doses. If he got too loopy when we increased the pheno we'd increase the NaBr instead.

It takes a lot of experimenting, that's for sure!

Marcia

Hang in there! I have been down the road you travel. It is like trial and error until the right med...the right dose...Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

19 days makes it hard to decide, wether or not to increase the meds. It's an improvement, but, we really need more improvement than this. There is a big debate over wether or not seizures essentially set up a pattern in the brain for more seizures, and I used to doubt that theory, but now I am seeing it before my own eyes. The weekly seizures he was having I believe did set a pattern in the brain. My hope is that since he went twice as long this time without a seizure, that the pattern will continue to improve. Also, it was quite a bit milder than usual, so hopefully this does not have as much of a pattern setting effect in the brain as the others did.

Saint's pattern was what time of day he had them vs how many days between. He would have his between 10:00 - 11:00 at night every time. The number of days varied but the time did not.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest EmilyAnne
Personally, I'd not up the meds yet. You still don't know how much is residual from the meds he was taking.

If he has another within that amt of time again, then up the meds.

That's what I am wondering too. We found what was causing them before (flagyl) and so our hope is know that we know, he will do better. He did go longer than he has in a while. (My blog has seizure record listed in sidebar) As long as the seizures keep getting further and further apart is the main thing. I am encouraged that today's was mild and short. (compared to severity of past ones)

:grouphug I'm sending lots of good thoughts for your beautiful boy.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.