Spots On Skin

Guest mattmonterrey

Guest mattmonterrey

I took Matt to the Vet a couple of months ago and it turned out he had ring worms. We treated them and it cleared up. I noticed the other day that it looked like they were back so I took him back to the vet and had him tested again. The vet called yesterday and told me that his ring worm test was negative.

He has 3 small spots on his right rear hip which look like ring worms. I have tried everything I can think of to clear it up. Any ideas ? ? ?

Are they red or just hairless? Oftentimes a greyhound will have some small round scars here and there -- toothmarks from rowdy puppyhood.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ishapespace

Which vet do you use? Just curious. Did they test for anything else or just ringworms?

Berry gets dry rashy spots sometimes from being hot. They usually go away with time.