Shadow Is Not Acting Himself

Guest JohnnyBell

Guest JohnnyBell

Our usual goofy, active Shadow has been acting strange lately. Actually ever since he got into a bag of hamster food on Sunday and almost ate the whole bag full he's been laying around and acting depressed. Usually when we let him outside he usually runs and acts like a nut, but since, he goes out does his business and lays down it the grass. He's still eating normal and potting normal. I really don't know if the hamster food incident really has anything to do with it or it's just a coincidence it just happened at the same time. I wouldn't think hamster food would cause any problems. It's mainly just seeds and little crunchy things in it. Any suggestions??

Guest adoptagreyhound

I don't have any information on this but I did want to send Shadow a "get well quick" message!!

m1udoctor.gif

Guest MZH

Seeds can be very irritating.

Good that he's eating and eliminating normally. Lying in the grass when they don't normally do that means they don't feel well. We had one do that and we were shocked when we found out why.

I second calling the vet although I would expect him to have diarrhea after eating seeds and crunchy things. :unsure

Marcia in SC

Guest JohnnyBell
This time of the year all our greys go out and lay in the grass they love to go sunning , it started a couple weeks ago.

I definatly agree. Mine love to bask in the sun, but this is right as soon as he goes in the grass, he lays right down. No playing first, no running around just go out and plop. Definatly not his usual thing. I havn't called the vet. Since it's been 4 days ago since he ate hammy food, I was going to observe now.

Edited by JohnnyBell

Guest adoptagreyhound
This time of the year all our greys go out and lay in the grass they love to go sunning , it started a couple weeks ago.

I definatly agree. Mine love to bask in the sun, but this right as soon as he goes in the grass, he lays right down. No playing first, no running around just go out and plop. Definatly not his usual thing.

The "plopping" in the grass is EXACTLY what Sandy does when she has gas pains - this is usually followed by Big D but not always.

I also vote for calling the vet. Better safe than sorry.

Guest MZH

There's lying in the grass and thinking, Ah, sunshine! and lying in the grass with a somewhat different, uncomfortable look.

You can tell which look your dog is showing. If he's unhappy why not call the vet? Won't cost you anything if he says it's probably nothing. ;)

Edited by MZH