Suddenly Snoring

Guest Mom2RooAndLexi

Guest RooMomma

Anna, my non-grey, is turning 11 years old this Saturday. As of about a week ago, she has started snoring while sleeping. This is something she has NEVER done. She appears healthy and normal and active, as always. I know I am probably over reacting, but does anyone have any ideas as to why she would be snoring now? Nothing to worry about? Something to be concerned about? TIA. :blush

Guest hamiesmom

My grey doesn't snore but one of the dogs my sister had a couple of years back, a non-grey, was a snorer. There was nothing wrong with her but she could out snore anyone.

Guest TBSFlame
Anna, my non-grey, is turning 11 years old this Saturday. As of about a week ago, she has started snoring while sleeping. This is something she has NEVER done. She appears healthy and normal and active, as always. I know I am probably over reacting, but does anyone have any ideas as to why she would be snoring now? Nothing to worry about? Something to be concerned about? TIA. :blush

That was the first sign of my Tessie having LS. A snore while sleeping now she is snoring while awake. :( She started at about 11 now at 12 1/2 she is a lot worse. My vet did say that LS is very common in labs.

Edited by TBSFlame

BrookLynne our baby...14 months old...always snoors. She is as healthy as can be! :P

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greensleeves
That was the first sign of my Tessie having LS. A snore while sleeping now she is snoring while awake. :( She started at about 11 now at 12 1/2 she is a lot worse. My vet did say that LS is very common in labs.

Sorry--I just wanted to clarify something: did you mean LS, as in lumbo-sacral stenosis, or LP, laryngeal paralysis? I'm asking b/c our Nelly was diagnosed with LP yesterday, and has been snoring for as long as I can remember--but I have noticed it more often lately. (Our Whistler, OTOH, had LS and didn't snore at all that I can recall!)

Thanks!

Lucky has snored for the last year or so. I took her to the vet and she was scoped and diagnosed w LP. Vet said about a "4 out of 10".

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest RooMomma

Thanks for all the replies. Maybe it IS worth checking out with the vet. She hasn't ever snored before the past week or two. Nothing has changed otherwise, and no weight gain. She remains a svelte 57 pounds, as always. :lol