Limping

Guest greyloverx2

Guest greyloverx2

hi all;

I'm new to the website so please be gentle. I have 2 wonderful boys; one of whom has pulmonary hypertension (controlled by medication) who has recently began favoring his left hind leg. This seems to be mostly when he gets up from sitting and seems to wear off when taking walks but has definitely become more pronounced. Is this arthritis? He is 5 1/2 years old.

thanks. :)

It sounds like it. Is he on any supplements for athritis? If not, check out this website. This stuff is 100% pure and all proceeds go to the hounds.

http://greyhoundgang.com

If he seems like he is getting worse or in pain, I would take him in for a baseline x-ray so you can see what's going on. But if it's been when he is laying down and it works it's way out, it's probably nothing serious. But, arthritis can be very painful so the sooner he gets on the supplements the better he will feel.

Good luck!

AND... welcome! Please show us some pictures of your boy!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greyloverx2
It's possible, especially if he can walk it off. Has the vet checked him out?

I use Fresh Factors for my guys and it works! Worth a try. Right now in addition to buy 2 get 1 free, they are 20% off until 5/30.

Guest greyloverx2

thanks for the suggestions. I contacted greyhound gang and am going to try glucosamine. I might also try fresh factors if needed. thanks from my gimpy guy!