Idiopathic Vestibular Syndrome?

Guest NikasMom

Guest NikasMom

Does anyone out there have experience with IVS? Any advice or recommendations? My friend's dog had a bout of this last fall and is now having a relapse. Any information would be helpful at this point. Thanks!

Guest LittleGreys

My old IG also had this a year or two ago, and recently had a relapse. She recovered just fine, for the second time. She is 15 years old and a bit unsteady anyway, but she was only really "bad" for a couple days. We did do antibiotics just in case, and she did have an ear infection, so we did tresaderm for a week or two. We did use one or two doses of mirtazapine to get her eating again.

FYI, there's an article about VD in the most recent issue (may be second to most recent at this point) of Whole Dog Journal. I haven't read it yet, but noticed it's in there. You can get the articles online for a small fee.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Buddy's had what I think were several episodes of vestibular disease. It can be very frightening. Fortunately, his only lasted a short while--once it was just a few hours, once it was a couple of days, that sort of thing. They act "drunk" and Buddy actually walked into a wall once.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.