Throwing Up

Guest Silver

Guest Silver

For the past week and a half my boy has thrown up about 5 times within two weeks. Nothing in his diet has changed and I've had him for 5 months now. His poops are good and he's always excited to get breakfast and dinner. He pukes up just about everything he had for that day and the food doesn't look very digested. My dad likes to take him outside and let him eat grass even though the only thing it's going to do is make him vomit.

What do you think is causing this? My dad thinks it's the pumpkin that I put in his dinner even though I've been doing it for as long as we've had him. Should we just take him to the vets or wait and see if this clears up some?

I'd agree. Vet ASAP. Missile threw up his breakfast once just seonds after he ate it. Not sure why, but my guess is he was eating so damn fast - even with his new break fast bowl. I wound up feeding him smaller meals throughout the day and did not give him kibble - thinking he agitated his throat and wanted to make sure he didn't purge again. It only happened once -but if it was happening on multiple occasions, I'd get him to a vet.

Edited by Missilesmom

Missile.jpg

BABY, HE WAS BORN TO RUN!

I'd be taking him in to the vet ASAP.

Agreed. Please update and let us know what's up.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SoulsMom

Ditto what everyone else has said. I'm curious about what you're feeding as well. Have you tried putting him on a bland diet and then slowly re-introducing his regular food?

Soul has been grazing on the grass also, with no ill side effects . . . .

Yes...vet! Please keep us posted. Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest paulamariez

I vote with a trip to the vet. If it was once or twice, OK but that seems like a bit much. I highly doubt it's the pumpkin, especially if he's been eating for ages. Pumpkin is really good for dogs. My dogs have been grazing on the grass so much lately, I'm thinking I have cows instead of dogs, but they're not throwing up from it. Maybe he picked something up while eating the grass? Is it possible he's eating too fast? I've had my hounds do that on a rare occasion. We laugh and call it "whole chow" because it pretty much comes up just the same as it looked going down. Is he throwing up like immediately after eating his food? If so, I would be suspicious of eating too fast. Just tossing things out there for you. I will keep your sweet boy in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery!

Edited by paulamariez

Guest boni923

Definitely get thee to a vet!!! No messing around with that. My iggy had that a few months ago, I took him to vet and thank God it was just viral. They gave him something to calm his stomach and we fed him burger & rice (which he loved) and he was fine the next day. Its better safe than sorry.

Prayers & thoughts.

Guest rubysdad
Definitely get thee to a vet!!! No messing around with that. My iggy had that a few months ago, I took him to vet and thank God it was just viral. They gave him something to calm his stomach and we fed him burger & rice (which he loved) and he was fine the next day. Its better safe than sorry.

Prayers & thoughts.

Starve the dog for 12 hours and begin giving the dog small amounts (1 or 2 tablespoons) of boiled hamburger and rice. Try forcing a tablespoon of pepto into the dog. If the dog keeps that down for a couple of hours, then feed the dog 2 or 3 tablespooons of the same. If the dog throws it up, then starve the dog for 12 more hours and try again.

Guest Ola

How is he feeling today? I agree with a vet visit, definitely. If it was just a one time occurrence, I'd suggest a fast and some bland food, but 5 times in 2 weeks is too often to go without medical intervention. Plus vomiting all his food that often he can't be absorbing many nutrients.

The grass that he eats outside, is it sprayed with pesticides or anything? I only let my dogs much on grass in our yard because I know it's safe.