Skin Question

Guest HeatherDemps

Guest HeatherDemps

My italian greyhound is almost all white. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a small bump on his back. It is white and is the size of a pimple. It doesn't seem to be a sore or have a head like a pimple. It hasn't changed in size so I was just keeping an eye on it and figured I'd have the vet take a look the next time we were in. Well, today I found a second one, also on his back but closer toward his tail. I tried taking pictures but they aren't coming out well, I think because he's so white. Any thoughts on what this could be? After going through cancer with Dempsey, I'm a wee bit paranoid and scared of this being something serious. Peyton will be 6 this summer so I don't think it's one of those skin things related to age.

Chances are, it's nothing, but if you're anything like I am you'll feel better with a quick vet check :)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest greytexplorer

Oh, it most certainly CAN be a skin tag!

and that's what I was thinking as I started reading your post

I doubt it is anything serious, but for piece of mind, head to the vet, or as you said, NEXT time....

Guest HeatherDemps

Dempsey goes in to the vet mid-week next week for bloodwork following his last chemo treatment, so I was planning on taking Peyton along with us to have it checked out. It's just trying to mange my worries in the meantime....

Could be something like a follicular cyst. My boy has one on his neck & my girl had them too. They are hard & have fur on them. They don't like when I touch them but the vet doesn't think they are a problem. Hope it's something like that for Peyton.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Possible cyst? Maddie has a bump that I thought was a tick when I first found it, it was not so I kept an eye on it, then she started "biting"(it is on her left side where she can bite at it) so I called the vet they could not get her in til the next day so they told me to put a t shirt on her- went in and they aspirated it and it was a cyst. (it was not cancerous) It is not bothering her but if it gets any bigger they want to surgically remove it which will require her going under to remove it. Def get it checked out by a vet just to be safe.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest HeatherDemps

Update:

Per our vet yesterday, the spots are likely just skin tags (big sigh of relief!!). She measured them and we'll just keep an eye on them for now.

Thank goodness!!