Grumbling Tummy And Not Eating

Guest greyscot

Guest greyscot

Sporty refused breakfast this morning and I tried again at lunch to feed him but he's not interested. His tummy sounds like a volcano about to erupt. Otherwise he's fine just not interested in food. In early March he had dreadful diarrhoea and ended up in the vets on a drip as he would not drink either so he became dehydrated. The vet put that down to something he ate outside. Now I'm really careful to watch him in case he tries to eat anything out on our walks but DH can be a bit slow about watching him :angryfire . Sporty is sensitive to wheat and chicken so his diet is fish and rice based. Do I leave this or go to the vet?? Any advice really appreciated.

Keep watch that he doesn't dehydrate. If no better in 24 hours, I'd let the vet see him. Meantime, could try a pepcid (10mg famotidine -- 1 regular strength) and see if that makes him feel a bit better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Dragonmom

ohh my girl just did the same thing. She was drinking but not eating and her tummy sounds were awful. she went about 36 hours with out eating and then just started on her own again.

good luck figuring it out.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I had to take Spencer to the vet for the same problem - vomiting and diarreah caused him to dehydrate and he had to be on a drip. Just watch to make sure he's drinking water and keeping it down. A couple of children's Pepto Bismal tablets might ease his tummy.