Has Anyone Here Used Chiropractory For Epilepsy?

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

If so, can you tell me how it went and if the seizures increased in the beginning and then decreased later or vice versa and etc.? My husband just got off the phone with a licensed chiropractic vet. She said Henry would likely have a seizure within the first 24 hours after the first adjustment, and then do better in the long run. She also said the seizure would probably be milder than his usual mind blowing ones.

I am kind of on the fence about this.

What would be best is a vet certified in chiropractic (AVCA) and acupuncture (CHI or IVAS). I have heard that acupuncture definetely helps and have seen reports on TV featuring one of our local acupuncture vets--how the acupuncture cuts down on seizures and saves many a trip to the ER.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I haven't used it for seizures, but I swear by it for migraine. I guess seizure disorders might be similar in that there can be many triggers and one can be neck/spine problems.

There's something called Chiari malformation in people which causes a lot of problems. I doubt very much that dogs get it, but there may be some kind of odd physiology which can contribute.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest VanillaBean
What would be best is a vet certified in chiropractic (AVCA) and acupuncture (CHI or IVAS). I have heard that acupuncture definetely helps and have seen reports on TV featuring one of our local acupuncture vets--how the acupuncture cuts down on seizures and saves many a trip to the ER.

That can happen (worsening before it gets better), but just may be worth it. Poppy, my IG started having seizures 2.5 years ago. We started adjusting her (we are both chiropractors) and she rarely has them anymore. I think it has helped her a lot.

Good Luck.