Hello From Michigan

Guest JillinMichigan

Guest DundeeToddsMom

Wow - didn't realize that many were from Michigan. I'm in the Dearborn area and with REGAP also. I'm mom to Panama Todd (my tripod guy), Roxie Eve (my silly little clown girl) and Gentile Gent "Buddy" - he's my senior who was a return after being in a home for 3 years. Welcome to GT!!

Guest JillinMichigan

OK - the rocket scientist picture poster figured it out finally :lol - I have to buy a park pass now (but it's good because the cost is not that bad - $46 (+$2.50 if you purchase online) for an annual pass and it will let you in to the 7 Oakland County Parks (which includes Lyon Oaks & Orion Oaks Dog Parks) & 13 Metroparks - very cool for me because I only live 4 miles from Stony Creek). The link for the park pass: Annual Vehicle Pass

Magic:

aaaf27.sized.jpg

Birch:

Greyhound_Bohemian_Birch-_3big.jpg

Foster Elysia - with the wistful face of "is this my forever home?" so hard to resist:

Greyhound_Pat_C_Elysia-big.jpg

Bridge Kid Blast:

Greyhound_Brents_Dart-_3big.jpg

Guest WhenIGiveIn

Thats a good looking group of hounds!

I have the annual pass already they acutally starting selling the 08 passes in october so I got one then. Lyon oaks will also let you "rent" out half the park for a private play day they dont charge money but they ask you that you sign up to help on one of their "clean the park" days basically you have to come out and help scoop poo. So if there are enough people interested I think that would be a better idea because with a group of hounds I would feel better if we could muzzle.

I didn't know they started selling the passes last October...is the park officialy open now (the dog park that is)? And I agree on the muzzling, we make our 2 wear them even in the back yard just in case. The clean the park idea is also good...let me know when everyone would like to meet up.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest JillinMichigan

Hi, well I've got to wait for my dog license for Birch to come in the mail (should be a week or so, they said on the phone) because I just got his shots a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I agree about the muzzles when you have a group of greyhounds playing off leash. Birch has been to the dog park once (and I muzzled him, because he was a bounce because he caused stitches to the older grey who was probably going blind I later was told). I haven't muzzled Magic in the past at the dog park and he has been just fine with both larger and smaller dogs - remember he is the best M&G ambassador, but I still think it would be good for him to be muzzled with several hounds together. So, some day soon when it might not be a complete muddy mess soon we should meet up even though Lyon Oaks is a little far me, I don't mind (I can meet during the week with advance notice). Not so sure if I would be available for the poop scooping too, unless it was the same day we were there for the playdate.

Guest gr84me

Welcome, Jill and beautiful hounds! Please accept my condolences for your loss of Blast.

I'm in Michigan, too, but a little farther away - down in the Irish Hills, right near Michigan International Speedway. I'd name a town, but the nearest larger ones are Adrian, Jackson, and then probably Ann Arbor.

Hope you can all get out to the dog park soon, once everything dries out :colgate

Welcome, Jill and beautiful hounds! Please accept my condolences for your loss of Blast.

I'm in Michigan, too, but a little farther away - down in the Irish Hills, right near Michigan International Speedway. I'd name a town, but the nearest larger ones are Adrian, Jackson, and then probably Ann Arbor.

Hope you can all get out to the dog park soon, once everything dries out :colgate

Are you near Brooklyn or Cement City? I know MIS is near Jackson (b/f loves NASCAR).

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest WhenIGiveIn

The irish hills area is beautiful. GEM did a M&G at a restraunt /bar right on the lake by MIS on one of the big race weekends last year. It was a ton of fun not very productive but lots of fun!

Guest greytbuds

Welcome Jill,

Your dogs are beautiful!! I am very sorry about Blast. I lost my first grey boy to osteo also. It is heart wrenching, but your current crew will help ease the sadness. Your foster is a beautiful girl!

I have family in Michigan in Grand Rapids. I'm surprised the weather is warm enough for all year dog parks, but I understand that you get use to it or decide to deal with it when you live there. I love to visit when I am in need of a "snow fix".

Greytbuds to Beau

Guest WhenIGiveIn
:lol I never said the weather was nice! But hey there is nothing wrong with snowy dog parks! I will have to post some pics I took over the winter at the dog park. Its a quicker visit but hey they have a blast!

• 2 years later...
Guest JillinMichigan

I'm resurrecting this thread because my "foster" Elysia from 2 years ago was returned because she went after a cat in her adoptive home. Tim and I decided that we could not let her go, and we adopted her officially on February 15th, so it's been six months of true happiness for us since she's been back. Magic and Birch get along with Elysia wonderfully, and they chase each other at the dog park sometimes. We fostered several other greyhounds in between Elysia going and coming back, but we are so happy to have her back where she belongs! She has the cutest ears that flip in several different directions. She LOVES to go on walks. When you are petting her, she will start to "mouth wrestle" with her feet, she puffs and lets out the mini-horse sighs, too. :colgate:P

Edited by JillinMichigan

Guest mcsheltie

I just re-read the thread. Seems there are a lot of us in MI. We should start a monthly get together.

Congrats on Elysia. She knew where she wanted to be :P