Prilosec Questions

Guest anneh

Guest anneh

My little sheltieX was dx with IMPA and put on prednisone. They said to give her 5mg Prilosec prior to meds. I read the insert and apparently it shuts down ALL acid production, is this safe long term? This product could be a big problem for my little girl as she always has high Ph urine 8.5 with a few struvites altho never a UTI. o infections and I have had to try and keep her diet acidic. I am having a hard time coping with everything that has happened to her and had finally acclimated myself to her having to have the prednisone but now worried about using the prilosec :weep anneh

My girl is on Pepcid. I don't know about prilosec. Call your vet. Mine is really good with my neurotic tendencies on my girl. :P

But we have entered the world (roller coaster ride) of IMPA with my girl. Hugs to you! In my opinion, all the drugs are awful, but the alternative is worst. Hang in there!

The Girls

Guest ss556

My vet told me to put Alan on Prilosec once a day. This is b/c of k/d. he seems fine and has been on it for a while now. Before that, Pepcid twice a day, zantac did nothing for him. Good luck.