Cut On Paw

Guest Iheartgreys

Guest Iheartgreys

Mac was running around the backyard and started limping. After we went inside I noticed that he had a cut, almost a puncture wound on the back of his paw, above the pads of his feet.

I cleaned it out the best I could and then put some gauze and some pet wrap over it. He can get that off in an instant and it is pretty weepy.

I am keeping it wrapped when he goes outside to keep it as clean as possible...

any other suggestions?

He doesnt seem to be limping anymore but i dont want it to get infected.

Sounds like something I'd have a vet look at, just in case, since it's a puncture wound and it's weeping.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Maddie had this problem. Try a baby sock or a regular sock with some vet wrap around the top of it to keep it in place.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Murph cut his foot this morning. I stood him in a bowl of water to clean it out. Then put a square of gauze over the cut and just ran vet wrap around his whole foot and ankle. A bit of cloth tape on the top edge to hold it on helps too. A sock over that keeps mud off when walking outside.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!