Introducing Niles!

I know that most of you here know that my friend Ben lost his handsome boy Jupp last month....he was heartbroken, as was I....but he decided that the last thing that Juppy would have wanted was for him to be miserable, as even up to his very last moments on this earth he never lost his joy for life, so Ben and I went looking for another Greyhound on Good Friday.....and on Saturday just gone he brought home his new boy Niles!

Niles is just 2 1/2 years old and he only raced once (and won) and then went into retirement. He is a big boy (like Jupp was) and very friendly. When Ben got him home it was quite clear he had never been inside a house before....he marked everything, explored everything....was fascinated by the TV and the aquarium (I said I expect he wondered why there were only fish on that channel :lol ) but seemed to take it all in his stride. His new Sister Charmant (the hairy one) was not so pleased about the whole affair....she has spent quite a bit of time grumbling at him whenever he gets too close to her, but that doesn't seem to worry him....and we are sure she will settle with him in no time.

On Saturday afternoon we took him for his first walk, and introduced him to Miss Sadi....they got along just fine. :colgate

NilesFirstDay1.jpg

Don't be shy Niles...

NilesFirstDay2.jpg

...are you my new Daddy?

NilesFirstDay3.jpg

The handsome boy...

NilesFirstDay4.jpg

On Sunday we went for another walk....and it snowed....Niles was deeply unimpressed :lol ...but he did enjoy watching Miss Sadi running in the snow.

NilesBenSnow2.jpg

NilesBenSnow1.jpg

NilesBenSnow3.jpg

...a couple of Miss Sadi and Charmant who both loved the snow

CharmantSnow.jpg

DadSadiCharSnow.jpg

On the two walks we have met several dogs both large and small, some of them running around like mad in the snow and so far Niles has shown no interest in them at all apart from a passing glance which bodes well for the future :colgate

So please officially welcome Niles formerly Spooky Bouncer to Greytalk....I am sure you will be hearing and seeing lots more about him :colgate

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest Greyglo

What a great looking boy! Love all the pictures, especially the one of him looking up at his dad. Wishing the two of them many years of happiness!!

Guest brooke
I know that most of you here know that my friend Ben lost his handsome boy Jupp last month....he was heartbroken, as was I....but he decided that the last thing that Juppy would have wanted was for him to be miserable, as even up to his very last moments on this earth he never lost his joy for life, so Ben and I went looking for another Greyhound on Good Friday.....and on Saturday just gone he brought home his new boy Niles!

Niles is just 2 1/2 years old and he only raced once (and won) and then went into retirement. He is a big boy (like Jupp was) and very friendly. When Ben got him home it was quite clear he had never been inside a house before....he marked everything, explored everything....was fascinated by the TV and the aquarium (I said I expect he wondered why there were only fish on that channel :lol ) but seemed to take it all in his stride. His new Sister Charmant (the hairy one) was not so pleased about the whole affair....she has spent quite a bit of time grumbling at him whenever he gets too close to her, but that doesn't seem to worry him....and we are sure she will settle with him in no time.

On Saturday afternoon we took him for his first walk, and introduced him to Miss Sadi....they got along just fine. :colgate

NilesFirstDay1.jpg

Don't be shy Niles...

NilesFirstDay2.jpg

...are you my new Daddy?

NilesFirstDay3.jpg

The handsome boy...

NilesFirstDay4.jpg

On Sunday we went for another walk....and it snowed....Niles was deeply unimpressed :lol ...but he did enjoy watching Miss Sadi running in the snow.

NilesBenSnow2.jpg

NilesBenSnow1.jpg

NilesBenSnow3.jpg

...a couple of Miss Sadi and Charmant who both loved the snow

CharmantSnow.jpg

DadSadiCharSnow.jpg

On the two walks we have met several dogs both large and small, some of them running around like mad in the snow and so far Niles has shown no interest in them at all apart from a passing glance which bodes well for the future :colgate

So please officially welcome Niles formerly Spooky Bouncer to Greytalk....I am sure you will be hearing and seeing lots more about him :colgate

he is beautiful!!

i lost a grey recently and i have applied to our local adoption agency. they emailed me today and will call me tonight to set up a visit. i hope to be a new parent again too. congratulations!

i'm surprised he didn't like the snow. my female loved it so much she broke her toe one year doing 360 degree spins in the yard! :rolleyes:

Niles is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest siamanti

Hello all!

I have had Niles for three days now and he is a real sweetie. I was really worried about adopting another greyhound so soon after my beloved Jupp died but I thought my other dog Charmant did not like being on her own and I also felt the house so empty without my big lad. In addition, the last thing Jupp would have wanted is us being so miserable. In short, Mel, Charmant and I went to a greyhound charity and up stepped Niles formerly known as Spooky Bouncer. I did not think Spooky Bouncer was spooky at all, and as I always name my dogs after characters in books or shows that I really like, I settled on Niles (Niles from the show Frasier which I really enjoy). Niles has settled in really well so far. He had never been in a house but after three days, he seems already quite settled apart from avoiding the stairs at all costs so far. He can go up but I have to carry him down as he has not mastered the art of downstairs yet. He follows me around everywhere and I now have to teach him that he has to manage to be on his own for a while during the day. I am already starting to fall in love with him although I still miss Juppy so much. Niles seems very different from Juppy so that is a good thing. I am very anxious at the moment about him due to my sad experiences with my last two greyhounds. He is still quite a young boy and I really pray that he will be very happyand healthy with us for a long long time. Charmant has also started to make more of an effort with him. After initially telling him quite adamently that the sofa and bed was hers, she has stopped her growling now and allowed him on the sofa. I am making sure that the bed stays her sanctuary,as after all she is an elderly lady who needs her own space from time to time.

Anyway, I will try and keep you posted about Niles's progress.

Siamanti