Pepsid

Guest lauri

Guest lauri

The vet gave us, (well we paid for) some antacids she compared to 'Pepsid'. Miles weighed in at almost 77 lbs. how much Pepsid do you give a dog this size?

If it's perscription, what does the bottle say?

With regular Pepcid, I give my 70+ pound boys one in the morning and one at supper if they are having problems. If they're not too bad and just need a little something, then just one dose.

Adding: Pepcid is Famotidine and the generic will read Famotidine on the bottle/box. :)

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

One in the morning, one in the evening, 30 minutes before a meal, especially if you're giving an NSAID medication too. What did the vet think was going on with your boy? :blink:

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I was told no more than 20 mg.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

We've always used one tablet per dose. We use the 10 mg tablet, and have also used up to two tablets per day, as needed.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest lauri

With regular Pepcid, I give my 70+ pound boys one in the morning and one at supper if they are having problems. If they're not too bad and just need a little something, then just one dose.

Adding: Pepcid is Famotidine and the generic will read Famotidine on the bottle/box. :)

This is EXACTLY the 'prescription' he got at $16 for 10 pills.

Funny they don't tell you to just go to the grocery and get the stuff. :angry: What a rip!

Guest HeatherDemps

My grey gets one Pepcid in the morning to help combat issues from chemo. He is about 60 lbs and gets just one pill/day. My IG who is about 15 lbs and who has acid reflux gets 1/2 pill each morning.

Guest Greytluv

Funny they don't tell you to just go to the grocery and get the stuff. :angry: What a rip!

It's expensive in the store, too :(

You got hosed! I can do way better than 10 generic for $16.00. I usually get them at Walmart but sometimes use CVS in a pinch. I live in a really small town, so if I don't grab them at Walmart in the city, I have to pay a little more :(

I hope your pupper is feeling better. Tummy troubles are worrisome :)

Adding: I can't find any good price comparisons. If it looks like you'll be using it often, I'd suggest picking some up at Walmart next time you are out :)

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.