New Vet For The Pups

Guest BlackandBrindle

Glad she has got some meds -- hope she feels better soonest!

We haven't had any trouble with Baytril affecting tummy or guts. At least for Zema, it's an easy med.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest taylorsmom

I can relate to the frustration I am sure you have felt about all the "glitches" in getting Sadie taken care of!! I hope that she is soon on the way to feeling a whole lot better.

Like the others, I have found Baytril to be extremely effective in dealing with some pretty nasty infections. And CrisM's suggestions of the timing for the probiotics are right on--trying to keep the loose stool at bay by doing the probiotics during antibiotic tx is a great idea.

Good luck with all of that, and kisses for Miss Sadie (some hugs for Mr. Spud too!)

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sadie seems to have more energy today, although not 100% normal.

She's no longer hesitating to pee so that's a good sign.

As far as tummy upset, she had a tiny bit of loose stool yesterday afternoon but other than that she's fine.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sadie does indeed have a UTI. The culture they did showed bacteria, but not sure which it is. Dr. Weinstein is going to call with that information as well.

Because she has traces of blood in both urinalysis there is a possibility of kidney stone, but we'll wait and see as there is nothing to do but wait and see.

Guest nerak254

I hope she's feeling better! I was going to suggest the pie pan too. I follow the unsuspecting (leashed) donor and act like I'm not watching...but I am. As soon as the squat starts, that pan goes right underneath. Nothing they can do because they can't stop!