Torn Toe Ligament?

Hi,

our grey got stitches a week ago on the side of the top of one nail. three stitches. she got a big gash by running into a metal light outsidi (we think) anyway she was feeling well, no limping. we were suppose to have the stictches removed in three days. this morning when we let her out she ran around then came back limping. could she have torn the ligament in that toe? if so what do they do for a torn ligament and how long is the recoop process. WE are bummed cause we thought we were ready to remove stitches and she would be all better. I am going to call the vet in the am he will prob want to do x rays. I was just wondering what else u think she could have done and what they do and the recoop time. it has been hard this past week as it is.

ty any input is appreciated.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Is it still wrapped, or can you take a look at it? More likely to be discomfort from the stitches or just some soreness from running too soon than a torn ligament.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If it looks good and she isn't crying, I'd just leave it and wait and see. If she'd done more damage to it, it'd be swollen, red, etc. Could be it just feels odd to her.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She won't put any weight on it and all week she did. I am hoping your right and she just ran too fast for the first time and it is sore, but it has been 5 hours now and still no weight on her foot. I have rimydel but I hate to give that to her in case i have to go to the vet and it would mask her pain. any ideas? Just wait and see huh? That is always the hardest part for parents. These things always happen on a sunday...lol

Guest KennelMom

I would hold off on the Rimadyl and leash walk her until you know more about what's going on with her foot. You don't want to dull the pain and risk her injuring it more by walking/playing/running on it. Usually you'll get swelling with a sprung toe. Rocky came up limping at play group one day and it took several hours for it to swell. Melody tore every ligament in a toe once lure coursing and it took almost 8 hours to see any swelling. I swear the most fragile part of a greyhound are their feet.

what to they do for torn ligaments and if her toenail is broken or something and they remove it how long is the recoop process. sorry i am a paranoid mom..her nail below the stitches looks damged like some of it got scraped. it is a lil red but doesnt look swollen yet. Her stitches above the nail look good but i am not a vet...lol..could her nail that looks damaged cause her not to put weight on it? oh I guess that is a dumb question...of course it would..ss just worried and you guys are so helpful. I was the one who ordered the therapaw after using iv bags in 2 feet deep snow. The therapaw is great.