Cell Regeneration Therapy For Arthritis- Has Anybody Tried It?

I can't recall where I read the article recently- could it have been THIS one from from the 9/13/07 issue of Newsweek as I waited for some appointment? I do remember the article I read said that it was not yet widespread practice and that most of the vets who did it were n California- makes sense when the company is in Poway.

When our vet (Sarah's Veterinary Housecalls) came to see Tasha on Wednesday, I was happily surprised to learn that she'd just completed the program! Our poor Zinnia, adopted as a broodie, was evidently retired from a broken hock on her right front leg- easy to see that joint is much larger than the other, and she limps badly when not on Metacam. But what if long term treatment with Metacam begins to show changes in Z's kidney function? What then???

Expensive, but Z could be Sarah's perfect guinnea pig (no offense Zinnia!) Easy to tell if, without pain meds, she limps less. Has anyone else considered the procedure??

Cara and the Northcoast Greyhounds

item_839.jpg

THANKS for your help! I just responded to that post. Would love to think it would help Zinnia who limps badly on any day without Metacam. I hate to give it to her year after year- we've had so many seniors with kidney problems....

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but Dr Feeman posted this link a couple of days ago.

Stem Cell research

It was in reply to this thread

Cara and the Northcoast Greyhounds

item_839.jpg

Just saw the following link:

http://www.veterinarytherapeutics.com/ME2/...7DADF3074CF87B3

I'm going to do some training in stem cell therapy sometime in the next few weeks so I'll try to log back in and let you know what I think after hearing more about it.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

Guest vahoundlover

I read a big write up in USA Today several weeks ago. If I remember correctly it is a very expensive procedure, but yes, I would consider it.

If Zinnia has the procedure, will you keep us updated on how she's doing?

• 2 weeks later...