Shelby's Cramp Is Now A Huge Bruise

Guest ShelbysMom

Guest ShelbysMom

Shelby is doing pretty well actually. She moves a bit slow though. Her hardest time seems to be the act of laying down. She circles and circles before getting up the nerve to try, but no there is no whining in pain as she does this. In fact, she hasn't whined or yelped at all since early yesterday morning, so I don't think a trip to the vet will be necessary.

I iced her again in the afternoon yesterday, and she actually seems to appreciate that. Plus it has helped a lot with the bruising and swelling.

I believe she will be just fine.

Does it look something like this? I googled "dropped gracilis muscle in greyhound" (basically a tear to the muscle of the inner thigh) this was a pic that came up...

oldhall016.jpg

That's what my George has!!!

Explains why his career when from pretty good to losing three in a row, poor pudding!

As I said in your other post, it no longer troubles him at all, but it would have been a career ending injury at the track.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I saw your other thread and the first thing I thought was a dropped gracilis. At any rate, rub some arnica gel on it - should help with the bruising. Good luck!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire