What Do You Think

Our Sonny gets diareah quite often , last week we took him to a m&g now he has it again , I think its nerves , we try yougart and all the other pills , we have never tryed no food for 24 hrs do you think that would work , he has been on the same food for 2 years.

Edited by SAVED2

Guest BlackandBrindle

I always try to fast for at least 12-24 hours if they have diarrhea. It just helps settle their stomach more.

Guest spider9174

fast 12-24 hours, this helps reset their tummies.

rice and boiled meat for 2-3 days and wean him back on to kibble

i'd suggest trying to either cut the fat in his diet, or adding some fiber like rice.

I had a Great Dane that would get the squirts every dog show. Not fun in the back of a station wagon :rolleyes:

Many Greys get loose stools or shed like crazy when stressed. Does he appear to like the M&G?

Whether to withhold food--it depends on the dog and why they have the trots for my guys.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I had a Great Dane that would get the squirts every dog show. Not fun in the back of a station wagon :rolleyes:

Many Greys get loose stools or shed like crazy when stressed. Does he appear to like the M&G?

Whether to withhold food--it depends on the dog and why they have the trots for my guys.

After a few minutes he acts like he wants to leave , I,ll take him outside and he will pee then back inside he goes for the remainder.

Guest Heitzenn

I would withhold food for about 12 - 24 hours and after that give them the brat diet (boiled beef and rice) for a few days. If it doesn't clear up within 3 - 4 days I would call the vet to be on the safe side.

Everytime I go out with my two greys Dime always has the squirts the next day. I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Went to the vet today , had blood test and poop test all ok nothing wrong , SO other calls were made to other experts and it was decided its nerves so were gonna try XANAX for stress, me thinks he likes to see us spend money.

Edited by SAVED2

After a few minutes he acts like he wants to leave , I,ll take him outside and he will pee then back inside he goes for the remainder.

Red is this way. We don't take him to too many events. He will probably never be at a big thing like Bluegrass. I just figure this is who he is, and we do the other things he loves instead. :)

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Guest KennelMom

How long have you been taking him to m&gs? Maybe he just doesn't like it. If he doesn't, then why make him go? Some of our dogs are social and love public events, others are really do not like them at all. We let the dogs do what they enjoy.

He goes every other month , been going 2 years seems like he never really liked it , sometime,s barking for no reason , looks like he is home bond now what a shame , he is such a good looking boy , shinny black , 90 lbs with the last three ribs showing like a model Grey.