Lasix & Burping

Nausea could be a side effect of lasix. What has he eaten?

He's only eating his normal kibble. I am not trying anything new at this point - trust me :blush

But I spoke to the vet and they told me to give him some pepcid - I did and that really settled him - he slept for an hour and a half without jumping up and burping.

Thanks for your reply.

eva

I've taken Lasix for many years and have never had burping as a side effect. I wonder if he may be somehow eating or drinking a little different to where he is swallowing air. I'm glad the Pepcid made him feel better. :grouphug

What are the possible side effects of Lasix

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Lasix and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

• dry mouth, thirst, nausea, vomiting;
  • feeling weak, drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
  • fast or uneven heartbeat;
  • muscle pain or weakness;
  • urinating less than usual or not at all;
  • easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
  • a red, blistering, peeling skin rash;
  • hearing loss; or
  • nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:

• diarrhea, constipation, or stomach pain;
  • headache;
  • numbness, burning, pain, or tingly feeling;
  • dizziness; or
  • blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest HornGreys

We have had a grey that was on Lasix and had the same problem with burping. He started to have gas building up in his system that created a problem with him eating. This is what we found that work for a year and a half. Parsley Vitamin. We found it at Vitamin World and that worked the best. We used on sprinkled on his food morning and at night. Once we started him on the parlsley vitamins we never had a problem with the burping. Make sure that you get it from a vitamin store as the stuff from the store didn't work.

It will take some time to get in his systems so give it time and it will work. The boy we had it on had heart problems and valley fever. Sadly he was returned in critical condition and the valley fever killed him. But, we did get a good quaility year and a half with him and dealing with the lasix. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about lasix, it is sad to say that we are almost experts now.

Good luck - Jenny

Thanks HornGreys for the tip on the vitamin. he has been pretty good since that day, but I will make sure to remember that if it continues.

I find out on Thursday how long he is going to be on the lasix, so if I have any questions, I will contact you.

thanks.

Edited by LadyBailey