Merial-lost Dog Help/register W/tag

Not sure if this is the best place - but I figure keeping dogs from being lost -has their health also at an issue.

I just registered Cofax............ http://getmehome.us.merial.com/index.asp

Whoever finds your pet will be directed to this site by the web address on the tag (www.GetMeHome.com). Once they have entered your pet’s tag number, they will receive your contact information to let you know your pet is safe and sound.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

How do you get the tag? I must be blind -- I can't find this info on the site.

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

I just contacted Merial - they said your Vet might have some or can order them in a large quanitity. If you just want one for yourself - you can call them directly and have them send you one. If you have any questions, please call (888) Merial-1 (1888-637-4251).

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

• 7 months later...

Our group requires us to keep an id tag with our information and phone number on it, they also require the dogs wear a tag with their contact information, phone number (and a registration number on it) and then there is the county dog license tag that has a trackable registration number on it, and of course, the rabies tag that also has the vets phone number and a registration number on it.

If that doesn't help people get my dogs back to me, they are microchipped.

Just wondering - don't most adoption groups require "their" dogs to carry tags tracing the dogs back to them, too?

The most important thing to remember is to always keep your contact information (address / phone numbers) up to date with who ever your dog can be traceable to.

Thanks for stressing the need to have traceable identification on your dogs at all times. I would much rather have the pople be able to pick up their phone and call me directly - if possible - if one of my dogs got lost .... but it is good to have a back-up plan, with another form of traceable id on the dogs.

I know our adoption group has been called many times when a hound has gotten loose, and the person finding the dog couldn't reach the owners (no one was home) --- and our group will send someone out to get the dog immediately if possible. If you have a local group, you might want to check with them to see if they do this too.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge