Starting Chemotherapy For Bonnie- Cop Protocol

Guest K9Cookies

Thinking of you guys today. And I FULLY expect to see Miss Bonnie this year at the ROC Dessert Party!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Thinking of you guys today. And I FULLY expect to see Miss Bonnie this year at the ROC Dessert Party!

You betcha, she'll be there!

I heard from our vet at lunch time. He left a voicemail message telling us that everything went OK with the first vincristine injection and cytoxan dose. He said she's been eating well and seems like she's feeling fine. She'll get the cytoxan for the next three days at home. I have tomorrow off so I'll be able to keep an eye on her. So far, so good! :banana

Just a little added note...we always poured a bucket of water where Lacer's urinated and picked up her poo as she did it for 3 days after each chemo. :) Glad all is going well.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Just a little added note...we always poured a bucket of water where Lacer's urinated and picked up her poo as she did it for 3 days after each chemo. :) Glad all is going well.

Thanks for that. I've read it other places, but I wasn't sure if some people were going overboard. I will start taking some water with me when we go outside.

With the cytoxan...do you think we need to have someone come and let her out during the day? I will be home tomorrow, but then Wednesday and Thursday the dogs will be home alone during the day. We have a dog door, which the other two use, but Bonnie doesn't use it. I might ask our neighbor if she could let Bonnie out once during the day.

Edited to add that Bonnie has been home for a few hours. She looks good and is acting like herself. Ate her full dinner without any problems. That's the best we can hope for!

Edited by KRKWMU

Guest greytlady

Glad Bonnie is doing so well. I have an adopter that just finished up chemo with her dog after amputation. She said she felt a little under the weather the day after a treatment but otherwise was fine. She looks great and seems to feel good too.

Good luck to you and Bonnie!

Guest MorganKonaAlex
With the cytoxan...do you think we need to have someone come and let her out during the day? I will be home tomorrow, but then Wednesday and Thursday the dogs will be home alone during the day. We have a dog door, which the other two use, but Bonnie doesn't use it. I might ask our neighbor if she could let Bonnie out once during the day.

Since she will be getting Cytoxan for a few more days, I think it would be a good idea. And just FYI - from my personal experience with cytoxan, it leaves a metallic taste in the mouth.

Kristin,

I was so glad to hear that Bonnie did well yesterday. I kept thinking about her all day.

Let me know if you need anything. Otherwise I'll see you on Friday at 4.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Glad she's doing well :)

Our vet also told us to remove Darcys deposits immediately, for 3 days after each chemo.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Just wanted to let you all know that Bonnie is doing greyt! She seems a little tired today (day 3 of chemo), but other than that no major issues with the medications. She's been eating really well and her poop is good. Our next door neighbor is coming over to let her out during the day. That makes us feel better knowing that someone else is checking in on her while we're gone.

Our vet has been greyt too. He's called everyday (twice today). I asked him about seeing a holistic vet and he said "Sure, whatever makes things better for Bonnie, I'm all for it". I didn't tell him that I'd already made the appointment. :P But, I've been really pleased. We're certainly paying enough for VIP service!

Please keep your good thoughts coming Bonnie's way. We're going to fight this lymphoma as hard as we can!