Question About Blood In Vomit

Guest greyt_learner

Guest greyt_learner

Well, it's been almost a record - 4 months without a vets visit! But on Sunday, Puck got an injury that I deemed vet worthy. As it happened, he just got antibiotics, but they upset his tummy, so we went back for different ones. Ariel threw up too, but it was just liquid, and only once. This morning though, she threw-up her breakfast right after eating it - whole kibble pieces, and there was a little blood in it! I gave them a couple tablespoons of canned dog food as I ran out of meatloaf this am, but they've had it before in emergencies.

Should I just keep an eye on her? She seems to feel fine, she's still running around normally.

I'm a total worrier and often end up feeling foolish for running to the vet when it's nothing serious - but I'm always scared that the time I don't go, it will be something.

Guest greyt_learner

it was just a little blood in a little bit of mucous, quite bright, on top of the undigested kibble.

I spoke to my vet - he said to withhold food til the pm meal, and watch her then. I'll be keeping a close eye on her.

Hope it's just a little bug & she's feeling better tonight.

Are you, mayhap, a fan of Shakespeare? :)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest greyt_learner

She seems to be feeling fine - am going to feed her now - fingers crossed:)

YES! not a huge Shakespeare fan - had to do too much of it in school in the UK. But I liked the idea of naming them after a couple of imps! People usually think of Disney's "the little mermaid" first - it never even entered my head until someone said that.