Marty's First Dental

Guest Bocephus

Guest Bocephus

Marty is going in for his first dental since I've had him today and I'm feeling a little anxious. He's a healthy five year old boy, but man, some of the horror stories you read about anesthesia. . .

Any good stories out there to help take the edge off? Can't wait to see my boy this evening.

He'll do great! Turbo is going in for his on Friday. He's had 2 in the past (one involving the extraction of a broken tooth) and he had absolutely no problems :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I am going through that same nervous thing too Nathan! Inu's first dental is tomorrow.

Thing is I'm not as nervous because he had emergency surgery this fall at that vet hospital and didn't have the benefits of pre-surgery blood work. He did fine. The vet who did that surgery even mentioned that because he was a greyhound she started him on fluids immediately while he was still under to help flush his system.

You chose your vet because s/he knows greys, trust your instinct. Hang in there papa.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Try not to worry. My boy McRay is 7 years old and has had two dentals since we've had him, no problems and....he still has all his teeth, lucky boy.

Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Guest Bocephus

Just got off the phone with the vet. They said he's fine and just hanging out in the back. I can go pick him up in a couple of hours.

I figured everything would be ok, but even the prospect of something going wrong with your pup makes your heart get all twisted up.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Guest Jennifer4719

Xena needs to get a dental done soon too and I am quite nervous about it. Only because I have never had a dog that has had to have a dental done and I have also read the horror stories. I am glad your boy did ok!

Guest HeatherDemps

Glad to hear that everything went well! I definitely understand your nervousness. I've had my grey with me almost 9 years and he's had a dental every other year and each time I still turn into a nervous nelly! :)