Chocolate, Peroxide & 40 Below

Guest simile

Tip's hit that two month "naughty spike" talked about in the other thread, and he's started getting into all kinds of stuff. I've spent the last couple days houndproofing the kitchen, but I completely missed the 12oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips stuffed in the back of one of my storage racks. Tip didn't. I heard him thumping around upstairs, having a good time, so I went up to see what he'd gotten into this time and sure enough, there was an empty bag of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet chips on the floor. Good taste, my hound has. I called the vet to be sure about dosing him with peroxide vs taking him in and they confirmed it - peroxide until he heaves. Yay.

I grabbed the bottle, threw on Tip's boots and coat, and out we went. Poor guy thought we were having a potty break and some play time. He peed and pooped and zoomed around the yard and was all ready to go inside, then evil Mom caught him and poured vile stuff down his throat. You should've seen the look of betrayal on his face. To add insult to injury, I wouldn't let him inside. We stood outside in -40 degree weather waiting for the bubbles to start working. I could hear his stomach gurgling, and he finally made a dash down the deck steps to the yard and was sick. I knew it wasn't the end, but it was a start, and we needed to get back inside. He proceeded to turn his stomach inside out on three different rugs and is now curled into a sad, pathetic ball on the couch.

My poor little boy doesn't feel very good right now. Suggestions for dinner tonight?

Give his tummy a good 3-4 hours to settle, then a light meal of something fairly bland.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If it is to cold out try putting him in the bath tube. If he will eat anything I would says bland. Hamburger and rice or chicken and rice or cottage cheese and rice. Cook rice like normal and boil hamburger or chicken. 2/3 rice to 1/3 protein. Just just a small amount. Don't feed on the carpet. Rice is really hard to get out of carpet. :lol:goodluck:bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Poor poor boy! :sad1 I know that woeful expression well, as my Tipper gave it to me when I "peroxided" him after he ate a poisoned mouse. Thankfully, for us it was only autumn. I agree with the others, give him a few hours to settle, then try a small amount of something bland. My Tipper had no ill after-effects. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I waited about two and a half hours (he started asking for dinner) and gave him a slice of bread to see if that would stay down. Waited another half hour and gave him some rice and hamburger. He's very tired, poor guy :rolleyes: . He's been sleeping the rest of the evening, and now he's in bed with DH. I'm really glad I keep both peroxide and Oxyclean on hand...

Guest DaiyesDad

Poor boy out there in the cold, just trying to have a good time. :lol

Other than the severe cold, I understand. Our Daiye has a habit of eating bad things (no matter how hard we try to keep everything locked away), and she has had to make the peroxide trip outside a couple of times. I always feel bad afterwards.

Awww....poor little man. I know how bad you feel having to do the vomit thing. One morning at 4:00am I am giving pills before brekkie. Flashy dropped his meatball with his pills in it and little Cody Angelo thought it was yummies from heaven and snatched it up so fast before I could even open my mouth. I called ER and they told me to induce right away. Now it is cold out plus dark this early in the morning. I gated him in the kitchen and my sweet little boy lapped up the peroxide right out of a bowl. :blush OMG was he sick...poor baby. I had to call in sick...and ER called me back to see if we had made any progress. They told me to wait 3 hours and then offer him a light brekkie. He was a pretty sad boy for about 45 minutes and then it was like nothing ever happened to him. I asked him if he was ever going to steal a meatball again...I swear he said He77 yes! :lol:lol:lol

I hope your babe is 100% soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.