Is Cranberry Ok?

I wrote a post last week about accidents Hobbes was having in the house. Linky Today he had another one, where he just couldn't stop no matter what I said or did. He looks so guilty while doing it. I took him to the vets on Monday, he had a clean bill of health. I still don't think this is a training issue. He does no where to go he just can't seem to hold it.

That brings me to my question is cranberry supplements ok to give to dogs? I suffer quite regularly from UTI, (it's not fun) cranberry pills work wonders for me. They really do help maintain urinary tract health. I was wondering if I could try them for a week on Hobbes to see if there is any improvement.

I will bring him back to the vets if this continues, just want to see if this may help.

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Guest kellygreyhound

cranberry is definitely okay--if you check out the KV Vet Supply catalog, they've actually got cranberry powder for dogs with urinary tract issues. Good luck, hope it helps!!

Guest HersheysMom

I've been giving Sonie one Solaray CranActin tablet per day for at least a year now, and no crystals or UTIs. Here is a link:

CranActin

If you decide to get it, order from luckyvitamin.com. It's the cheapest I've found it yet.

Yup, Cranberry is just fine to give them. Whenever we bring home a new dog, the first thing I do is start them on cranberry pills so I know that their neuter won't cause a UTI. ;) One caplet daily is what I give.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.