Uncooked Rice And Unattended Whippets..

Guest karma98104

Guest karma98104

About an hour ago two of the whippets ate about 2-3 cups of only partially cooked rice mixed with a can of cream of chicken soup. Lark's tummy is already rumbly although she is roaching and happier than the day after thanksgiving :)

What do you think the "outcome" will be? The big D or constipation? Is there anything I should do?

Thanks

I'd give your vet a call just in case. Rice expands with moisture, but since it was partially cooked it'll probably be fine. I bet they enjoyed their feast.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest greybookends

Mine got some partially cooked rice once and we just had some uncooked rice in their poop. Keep an eye on them but they should be fine. The moisture in their bellies isn't enough to fully fluff up the rice. Depending on how much they ate I would be more concerned with an impaction than anything.

Guest longdogs

Nugget once got into a large bag of uncooked rice. We are not sure how much she ate, as opposed to using it for redecorating the house. Her poop was packed with rice grains for a day or two, otherwise no effect.