Sky Is Constipated - Update

Guest skywalker

Guest skywalker

Back in November, we were concerned about our greyhound, Sky having constipation and then watery diaahria sometimes - never any blood. So we did take her to the vet upon Sheila's suggestion and low and behold she had hookworms! Well, the vet let me see them under the microscope and they are the ugliest little buggers I have ever seen. The vet gave her a dewormer in two stages and she was fine 10 days later. Funny thing is we always gave her wormer - how can they slip in and not be detected?

Anyway....all is well again and the cookie hound is as crazy and playful as ever.

Thanks for everyone's help, advice and guidance!

~Skywalker~

How cool that your vet let you look at them! (Yeah, I'm weird like that :lol)

If hooks are in the encysted stage, a wormer won't get rid of them. Glad you got to the bottom of it!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest shelbygirl07

it took us 3 stints with panacur to cure shelby of her worms when we first got her. it was disgusting because between the second and third deworming, they started to show. We had to segregate her pooping area from the other dog's just in case.. GROOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

They are just all one large worm that break off into sections that give them appearance of multiple worms.. BLECH!@

They are just all one large worm that break off into sections that give them appearance of multiple worms.. BLECH!@

Those would be tapes :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Funny thing is we always gave her wormer - how can they slip in and not be detected?

It depends on what kind of wormer you use. Not every wormer will get rid of hooks. Hookworms are prevalent in this area and my Vet recommended I use Interceptor, because it covers hooks.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg