A Lump On Diablo's Neck

Guest tamaralynn

It "looks" like a hemangiosarcoma--- which are typically benign.

I'm guessing you meant hemangioma Jen. Sarcomas are always malignant.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest tamaralynn
It "looks" like a hemangiosarcoma--- which are typically benign.

I'm guessing you meant hemangioma Jen. Sarcomas are always malignant.

Thanks...that's a relief! :) I saw that, googled it and have been trying not to panic! :unsure We still haven't heard anything yet but it's still soon.

Guest GentleHugs

I have a little girl race name Solitary Lou - call name Lou or LuLu. She would be a half sibling to Solitary Diablo and Solitary David. Her sire was Solitary Runner but her dam was Bow Munchkin.

LuLu just turned 5 in October and she's a hoot! She was found running loose in southern Alabama in Dec 2006 with barbed wire wrapped around her right hind leg, her kennel muzzle still on and her left hip had been broken. She ended up with a severe staph infection from the barbed wire. When I spoke to the vet that initially treated her in Alabama, he said she was very near death when she was brought in. He didn't think she was going to make it. :(

To see LuLu now, you would think that broken hip would slow her down but no! She countersurfs like a champ (on wood floors no less), jumps, spins and is basically a nutcase! :crazy She goes wild in snow and thinks it's fun to spin around in it! We wouldn't have it any other way though. :wub: She's a tiny little girl that now walks with a hitch in her get along. She's a stuffy killer, too. Her fav thing to do is smack me in the head with a flying stuffy to wake me up in the morning. If that doesn't get me up out of bed, she barks in my ear! She does a greyt roast turkey impression - when she cockroaches, she bends her head and neck behind her body where it looks like she has no head! :blink:

I'm getting ready to take her in to our vet and have her eyes checked though. If I'm right, LuLu is showing signs of Pannus which means medication and a new pair of doggles. I noticed a tiny white spot forming in the iris of her left eye and the white of her eyes always seem a little red to me. Better safe than sorry since her previous medical history is scant. :sad1

Anyway - hello from half sib LuLu! :wave

Guest tamaralynn
I have a little girl race name Solitary Lou - call name Lou or LuLu. She would be a half sibling to Solitary Diablo and Solitary David. Her sire was Solitary Runner but her dam was Bow Munchkin.

LuLu just turned 5 in October and she's a hoot! She was found running loose in southern Alabama in Dec 2006 with barbed wire wrapped around her right hind leg, her kennel muzzle still on and her left hip had been broken. She ended up with a severe staph infection from the barbed wire. When I spoke to the vet that initially treated her in Alabama, he said she was very near death when she was brought in. He didn't think she was going to make it. :(

To see LuLu now, you would think that broken hip would slow her down but no! She countersurfs like a champ (on wood floors no less), jumps, spins and is basically a nutcase! :crazy She goes wild in snow and thinks it's fun to spin around in it! We wouldn't have it any other way though. :wub: She's a tiny little girl that now walks with a hitch in her get along. She's a stuffy killer, too. Her fav thing to do is smack me in the head with a flying stuffy to wake me up in the morning. If that doesn't get me up out of bed, she barks in my ear! She does a greyt roast turkey impression - when she cockroaches, she bends her head and neck behind her body where it looks like she has no head! :blink:

I'm getting ready to take her in to our vet and have her eyes checked though. If I'm right, LuLu is showing signs of Pannus which means medication and a new pair of doggles. I noticed a tiny white spot forming in the iris of her left eye and the white of her eyes always seem a little red to me. Better safe than sorry since her previous medical history is scant. :sad1

Anyway - hello from half sib LuLu! :wave

Hi, LuLu! :wave I'm so glad she's doing so good!! Diablo loves to "kill" stuffed animals too. Our Pom has a fave bear that has taken quite a beating from Diablo! :lol:

Guest GentleHugs
Hi, LuLu! :wave I'm so glad she's doing so good!! Diablo loves to "kill" stuffed animals too. Our Pom has a fave bear that has taken quite a beating from Diablo! :lol:

She's doing really good except for that spot on her eye right now. I've been so used to the senior kids for 6 + yrs that I wasn't used to her energy level at all. I'm adjusting - she's seeing to that! :P

Here's a link to some of her pictures.

Lou aka LuLu

The first one was her adoption picture. The second was taken 5 months after we adopted her and the last one is her cockroaching and doing her roast turkey impression. It was taken around Thanksgiving time hence the roast turkey impression! When I see this picture, my neck starts hurting but she's completely comfortable. :huh

She's killed 11 stuffies so far since we got her in June. She loves the really floppy ones and she doesn't care if they squeak, grunt, honk or just lie there. During her first 2 weeks with us, she caught and ate a live praying mantis! :sick Vet said that's how she must have survived being on the run for 4 months eating bugs and whatever else she could get through her muzzle. Luckily, praying mantis are not poisonous.

Hope the bump is nothing serious for Diablo's sake - glad it's been removed, too.

Guest tamaralynn

Awwwwwww....Lulu's absolutely beautiful!! She's so precious! :wub: Thanks for the sharing the pics link! :wub:

Edited by tamaralynn

Guest GentleHugs
Awwwwwww....Lulu's absolutely beautiful!! She's so precious! :wub: Thanks for the sharing the pics link! :wub:

She's a cutie patootie alright.... with a mischievious side, too. She's got a very sharp mind, keen hearing and nothing gets by her either. But, she's brightened up our lives since we lost Jackie in May and Heisman in October. I asked Jackie to send me a challenge and that's exactly what she did. She sent LuLu. LuLu's helped Ashley overcome her grief from losing her older sister and brother, too. It took awhile but LuLu was determined to help Ashley come around to being Ashley again.

Any news on the results yet for Diablo's lump? I do hope and pray that it's benign. Is he doing ok otherwise? I let LuLu know she's got a half bro out there and she grabbed a stuffy and tossed it in the air. Guess she's happy to hear that news!

Wishing Diablo the best!

Hailey had one of those---it was a histoma, and the vet put her on antibiotics. It eventually just dried up and fell off.

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers