A Lump On Diablo's Neck

Guest tamaralynn

Guest tamaralynn

Diablo has a lump on his neck that I first thought was a tick or somtething. It's not and he has an appt with the vet next Wednesday but I just wondered if this looked familiar to anyone else:

2176969308_3cca2a6e80_b.jpg2176969308_3cca2a6e80_b.jpg

He's having no other symptoms other that the bump. No diarhea, no decreased appetite. I've made an appointment with my vet but would like further info.

Guest houndlover

Could it possibly be a cyst? Is it hard or kind of squishy? I have had foster dogs that have had cysts on their necks and the vet said that it isn't uncommon and they can be removed easily.

Guest tamaralynn
Could it possibly be a cyst? Is it hard or kind of squishy? I have had foster dogs that have had cysts on their necks and the vet said that it isn't uncommon and they can be removed easily.

That's what I'm hoping for.....nothing major...just something easy to resolve! I'll let y'all know on the 16th.

It looks very much like one I found on Jim's foot when he was about four. I thought it was a tick, too, but it turned out to be a basal cell carcinoma.

The good news is that the vet got it all and it never came back or spread anywhere, and he lived to thirteen and a half years old. The bad news is that the insurance people put a clause in to exclude cancers. Luckily we never needed to claim for cancers anyway. ;)

I hope it's something simple, and treatable. :goodluck

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest boondog

It kind of looks like the benign capillary hemangioma that Boon had. It seems to be larger than his, though. It was removed with no problems whatsoever. Good luck!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Morgan grew this 6 months ago.

DSC00917.JPG

I was afraid of it being malignant so we had it removed. It was benign. I think it was a hemangioma, same as Boon's.

Thinking lots of "just a bump" thoughts for you!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest tarasue

Well Tara would get these once in a while on her head. They would go away after a couple of days. I thought it was tick at first also. I never did find out what they were.

:hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest tamaralynn

UPDATE: Diablo went to the vet today and had the lump removed ....The doc used a local anesthetic and Diablo did very well. :thumbs-up It was solid (not fluid filled) so the doc recommended sending it off to the pathologist (which we did, of course) so keep praying that it will come back benign. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers so far! :gh_bow

Glad they got it off with no problems.

On another note, our group placed your pup's littermate, Solitary David :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Glad to hear the lump was removed without a problem. Hope the tests come back ok. :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest tamaralynn
Glad they got it off with no problems.

On another note, our group placed your pup's littermate, Solitary David :)

That's cool....I didn't know it was your group but I've actually been contacted by Solitary David's (Anubis is his new name) owner. He sounds as sweet as Diablo. I'd love to know what's happened to their other littermates but I haven't been able to find out any info,